chapter eighteen

Chan-mi didn't feel like comforting anyone she wanted to comfort. On-jo was at the window, looking like a princess who waiting for her prince. Chan-mi knew Cheong-san liked On-jo, he was so obvious. Staring at her, and then trying to play it off by insulting her. If on-jo liked him back she felt sorry for her, boy didn't know how to flirt.

Was she bad-mouthing him while he was fighting for his life? Yeah, she was.

 Jimin and the other girl talking.

" They're going out," Jimin said.

"But On-jo told me they're not," Hyo-Seong said.

"I'm telling you they are. They are always together."

Chan-mi scoffed " as if Cheong-san would have enough courage to ask her out he would rather fight zombie boss"

" zombie boss?" Su-hyeok chuckled.

Chan-mi looked at him " I am serious there always has to be some extra strong zombie!"

" you have been playing too many games" Su-hyeok patted her head, as she huffed and crossed her hands but did not resist his touch. 

" It is your fault" she muttered as a smile appeared on his face remembering how they played games together after school and how she would always go on a killing spree when they played zombie games but for some reason, she was still afraid of horror.

Suddenly Su-hyeok came forward to comfort easily-jo, it was the right thing to do. Chan-mi thought about how she should have done it, and an unsettling feeling appeared in her stomach.

Nam-ra noticed Chan-mi glancing at the pair, she walked towards the other girl sitting with her. Nam-ra took the girl's hand as she intervened in their fingers.

Chan-mi smiled a bit as she relaxed " what was that for?"

" you looked like you need a bit of comfort" Nam-ra responded as Chan-mi squeezed her hand while making eye contact she was grateful for her.

" Cheong-san is stubborn he won't die easily"

" I know."

Two of them sat there together. Until chan-mi decided to break the silence with something that bothered her for a while.

" Why did you stop talking with me?"

During broadcasting club girls were somewhat friends, even if they never spoke in class Chan-mi tried but every time Nam-ra answered her shortly as she was ashamed to talk to her. Then after one day, she stopped talking to her at all.

Nam-ra looked away for a second, she appreciated chan-mi very much, and she did have fun with her a lot. A girl made her laugh, she made her feel something she never felt before.

" my mother" she answered " she saw us talking and asked me who you are. She told me that friends will be bad for me and that I have to focus on school. I- i- didn't want to let you go but she had connections in school"

She looked at Chan-mi expecting her to be angry but she just squeezed the girl's hand. " she told me if she hears from anyone we talk she will take you out of school and I know how hard you study to become-"

Chan-mi hugged her tightly " you don't have to worry now I'm happy to have you back"

On-jo returned " guys I have an idea"

***

"Joon-Yeong. Didn't you mention that your science club made a drone?"

Drone

The drone was her idea. To get the drone, On-jo volunteered and Joo decided to go too since no one in their group knew much about informatics.

Chan-mi stared at Su-Hyeok while he was helping On-jo climb up. Snap out of it She walked up there helping on as she put her leg into the thing.

When on-jo left. Nam-ra joined Chan-mi on window.

" I can't stop thinking about this one thing."

"What is it?" Chan-mi didn't look at Nam-ra she continued gazing out of the window.

"If eventually everyone in the world but us ends up turning in too?"

Chan-mi shuddered at the thought. She understood Nam-ra it was hard to keep being positive when your realistic side with a bit of pessimism act up.

"No way, it has only been a day, the zombies may be fast but I am pretty sure they can't swim through the ocean in one day"

Nam-ra knew she had a point, yet it still bothered her"But if that were true?"

"Nah." Chan-mi denied it.

"Then we'd be the minority. And all minorities have a way of going extinct."

" We are not a minority right now" chan-mi answered. They still had time it was not too late.

"But what if that happens? You think you could make it through this?"

"I don't know. If I learn how to use a gun and got it maybe" She joked in reality she doubted then there would be thousands of zombies against her and she would just give herself up since it is obvious her one brain was against thousands of brainless people is useless.

"In case I do get bitten, I have a favor to ask. "

Chan-mi's eyes snapped at Nam-ra "You are not getting bitten while I am here I will make sure of that"

" and if you do I will take care of you even as a zombie and we will go shopping I don't care" she finally got Nam-ra back she missed her friend so much she is not losing her.

"But-"

" don't even think about it"