Love Sucks - 37

Boo (: ~ I'm baaaack.. a month and twenty-one days (GMT) later, I'm back. I actually wrote this a few weeks ago but I wasn't happy with it so I carried on writing a few chapters and came back to this tonight. I'm still not happy with it, but hey-ho, there's nothing else I can do to it now. I tried re-writing it, etc etc.

Life's stressful at the moment too, which might explain why, if some of you message me etc, I disappear every now and then. However, enough neggy-speech, IT'S SPRING BREAK! I'm so stoked for the next two/three weeks. It's hot over here in the UK, and it's only April... yikes. But hopefully I'll find a lot of inspiration and more time to continue writing over the next few weeks. Although for me, I only have to write about another two chapters (but to you guys, there's still another five or six uploads.. :T)!!

ANYWAY. Enough of me. Carry on. Chapter 37, at last. It's all yours xD.

~

Chapter thiry-seven;

For the second time tonight I found myself sat in front of Poppy’s mirror. Only this time, Cherlindrea was fixing the curls in my hair while Poppy fixed my make-up. The both of them were also dressed formally; Cherlindrea wore a midnight blue dress, while Poppy wore an elegant emerald one. Cherlindrea’s hair was pinned up, while Poppy’s was straightened down her front. They’d both fixed themselves up before I got here, possibly knowing I’d take longer.

“Are you guys coming too?” I asked briefly as Poppy dusted eye-shadow on my eyelids.

“Yes,” Poppy said. “So are Claude and Ashton. It’s one of those… events that everyone goes to, you know?”

I paused for a short moment. “What is this… event?”

Poppy clicked the foundation pot shut with a click, and shot Cherlindrea a knowing, sneaky smile. Her eyes glinted when she looked back at me. “You’ll see. Now, go get changed, the boys are almost here.”

At the last part of her sentence, my heart fluttered. Cherlindrea wandered over to the wardrobe, and came back baring a beautiful red dress, made only of silk. My jaw started to part ever so slightly, and I couldn’t stop it.

“Remember this one?” Poppy grinned.

“How could I forget?” I replied, drinking up the very sight of the blood red dress Alex had bought for me to wear when I first met the King. Although that wasn’t such a good day, the dress in general reminded me of Alex, and how he’d gone out of his way to buy me something. Yes, so it was to make me look formal for the King, but I already owned formal clothes. I could have worn something from my wardrobe, but no; he bought me it.

Five minutes later, I was wearing the red dress once again, and the three of us stood before the large mirror spread across Poppy’s wall. Our reflections stared back at us; our hair all in different styles, our skin almost the same ghostly pale tone, our cheeks coloured with blush, our entire frames flawless. I stared straight at myself, not believing that the girl in the reflection was really me. My blonde hair was neatly curled and had been pinned to one side, so that it then flowed over my left shoulder and down my front, held there with a single clip decorated with a colourful butterfly. My dress was still as perfect as it had been the day I first retrieved it; the hems still had a beautiful black pattern creeping up that soon faded out halfway up the skirts of the dress, and the silk was still smooth under my fingertips. My eyes were dusted with dark eye shadow, my electric – yes, electric – blue eyes framed by long lashes coated in mascara.

She was too perfect. She couldn’t be me.

“What do you think, Cher?” Poppy was gnawing on her bottom lip with an exposed sharp fang, but nonetheless she grinned excitedly at the girl stood on the other side of her. Cherlindrea’s dyed soft red hair had been very neatly and elegantly pinned up, her side bangs framing her face favourably. Her violet eyes shimmered, and were framed by long black eyelashes. In reply to her friend, a small smile peering on her light pink, glossy lips, she nodded.