Love Sucks - 27

OMG.

I'm sorry I made you wait. I feel like the biggest meany ever.

But.. it's a long one.

Especially long :P

And, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to the one and only, Sophieeee (lissacullenxo), who always makes me smile :P

Anyway. Sorry if there are loads of spelling mistakes and whatnot (no change there ;D) but it's like, 2:35am here in England, and I can't be bothered to go through the whole thing, haha.

Anyhow, On with the story..

Chapter twenty seven;

Their claws, so sharp, slowly, tauntingly, painfully dug deep into my skin and began scratching down my sides. In my pathetic attempt to ward them off, I only made myself weaker. I couldn't find my voice to scream, I couldn't rid myself of the foggy vision I had been given. But I did not have to see them to know who - or what they were.

"Fight them, princess," My voice whispered. "Fight to be free!"

But I didn't want to fight anymore. I was throwing in the towel, holding up the white flag, I was giving up. Enough was enough. Someone else could have the responsibility, the pain, the weight of the world on their shoulders for once.

It all hurt way too much.

But before I could heave out a sigh, their claws were replaced my soft hands caressing where the gouges should have been. The hard floorboard under my back had obviously collided with my spine forcefully; every bone in my body felt shattered. Voices sounded as whispers around me, and a few groans sounded shortly after. My mind was racing too fast for me to keep up. Their words were slurred, inaudible and the hands were urging me to stand up. I couldn't. I didn't want to.

I had given up, even if I had escaped... THEIR claws. I was still giving up.

"Cathy! Get up, c'mon! Open your eyes!" A voice shouted above the shrill ringing filling my ears. I could hear dragging across the wooden floorboards that my ear was pressed to. I sighed briefly; it wasn't the voice I wanted to hear. In fact, I didn't even know whose voice that was. I didn't care. It wasn't him...

I wanted HIS voice.

No one else.

I didn't need anyone else...

"Cathy, get up damnit!" Someone else grunted. "We need to find your mother!"

Every muscle in my body iced over, frozen. My breath caught in my throat, and already my eyes stung with tears. Her voice rolled around in my head as she begged for me not to leave her there alone in the Ghost Plane, in death's sight. I didn't listen.

I left her, dead, alone.

Gone forever...

And I was to blame.

"That's right Cathy," The same someone - Claude, I think - said gruffly. "We can't find her without you. Come on!"

Muscles stiff, I untangled my limbs nonetheless and heaved myself up. Vision blurred already by salty tears, I didn't look at either Claude or the other girl. Instead, I ran from the room as fast as I could, bolting down the stairs and out of their front door, desperate to find my mother. As if I could do anything to save her. As if anyone could do anything to bring her back.

The rain pelted down onto my face as I shoved the pedestrians out of my way, ignoring their disapproving grunts. My legs moved as fast as I could make them move in the freezing cold rain, and my heart was racing so fast that it hurt. I knew none of the vampires were following me; at least, they weren't behind me whenever I cast a weary glance over my shoulder. What did it matter if they were following me? They could do about just as much as I could - which wasn't a lot. Surely, not even manipulating time or whatever the hell it was I could do could bring my mother back from the dead. I should have told her so much more. I should have opened up to her.