Love Sucks - 21

Kayso... I wanna officially dedicate this chapter to Rory (auroradavis16).

She said she was impatient, but I suck at meeting deadlines. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have finished this chapter today no doubt. Plus, she's just plain epic..

Hope you like this chapter..

It's strictly Alex+Cathy. I know Alex is in all of the chapters, but there's no one else (pretty much) in this chapter..

Plus, it's unedited. I can't be bothered to run through with typos and all that right now, my fingers hurt. If there are any mistakes, just PM me them and I'll fix 'em up again later, but just bare with me (: ?

thanks + lottielovesyou ;D

Chapter twenty one;

For the first time in quite a while, it was the sun's rays beaming through my window, onto my face that awoke me from my silent slumber. I shielded my eyes by putting my hand just in front of my face as I sat up and glanced at the scene surrounding me. The curtains were drawn only partly, allowing the sun to be exposed through the crack down the middle of the fabric, the tiny dust motes floating carelessly in the light. The surfaces atop my chest of drawers were messy from where I had stumbled into my bedroom as if I were drunk. The duvet in which I should have been lying under was sprawled out on the floor, and my red dress was peaking from underneath it.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my short light blue shorts sticking to my bare legs in a cold sweat, the same with my black strappy top. I sighed as I stared down at the red dress Alex had given me; it was as if I blamed the dress for the tears I had shed last night.

Over Alex.

The tears I had shed last night... over a vampire... over Alex. Maybe I was foolish to have ever let him upset me like that, but could you blame me? After everything that had happened, did I not deserve at least one tearful night?

I sure did!

But I still had a problem... like, why did it hurt to see him kiss someone else?

I didn't care.

"You keep telling yourself that princess," My voice snickered.

I moaned to myself, irritated. Why couldn't that stupid little voice just GO AWAY?! Always putting its opinion in everything I did... last time I checked, I was independent. That includes dumb little voices.

I stepped over the dress, and scooted past my quilt, over to my door and towards the stairs. I didn't want to overlook my appearance. I probably looked like some dirt old toe rag anyway after last night. I didn't even want to face my own mother; she had comforted me last night after finding me crying on the porch steps. She hadn't asked any questions, but merely held me close until I grumbled that I was going to go to bed, and she let me go. But that only meant twice as many questions this morning. As much as I detested her mothering figure (for it would only be much more harder for me to let her go later), I enjoyed the feeling, the knowledge that she was there for me again. Just like any mother should be.

And there she was; sat at the island table with a plate of toast in the centre of the table, a mug of coffee just above the newspaper, which lay in front of her. Her mouse-brown hair was scruffy, but when she looked up at me with those big blue eyes, everything seemed like it used to. For the first time in a long, long time, everything actually felt normal. Everything felt alright...

"Morning sweetie," She greeted with a smile, gesturing to the seat opposite her, which I gladly occupied. "Did you sleep well?" She pushed the plate of toast towards me, and a fresh plate. I took a slice and messily spread jam across it.