Love Sucks - 26

Aloha, world!

For us here in the UK, it is currently 12:30am, 24th August. Meaning I am updating twelve days later.. wow. =/

But it's long, so am I forgiven? =D

Anyways. Here's the chapter for you..

Chapter twenty six;

_________________________________________

Fat Segal - Whitecap Widow.

Yup, this guy's name is actually Fat Segal.

But he's pretty awesome.

_________________________________________

"Theoretically, we are not dead. I'm presuming we have stumbled upon a worm hole... whether it's a worm hole in your mind, or a worm hole in the vortex's waves which were being stretched out to you, I don't know," Ashton said, his voice behind me as we walked up the seemingly never ending road towards nowhere. "I'm hoping that I'm wrong, just this once. A hole in your mind is bad... a hole in the vortex is even worse. It could mean death for us all-"

"Shut it, poindexter." Claude muttered. "Are you alright, Cathy?"

I stayed silent.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know an awful lot right about now - lost in the most common of limbos, a black and white world, trapped with two vampires and no clue as to what lay in waiting for us. Ashton had said that this was the limbo between life and death for all dimensions - if anything was lingering, it sure as hell wouldn't be our friend. Trust was ceasing to exist in my life these days. Company, compassion and care were extinct. So many emotions I had once felt were numb, bleak and dead to me now. Confidence was disappearing. Love was fading, and too many tears were being shed.

"To love is to lose," my father had once said to me. I'd never understood what he meant by that, and I guess I never would know now. And the weirdest part was, my mother always used to say, "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." Two people collided at the soul - thinking the opposite.

It had never occurred to me before to take advantage of the luscious emotions coursing through my soul throughout the day. It had never occurred to me before that one day those beautiful feelings would slowly fade and my memory would serve me wrongly - I didn't remember what it was like to feel so... relaxed. So happy. Even in the arms of Alex just the previous night, it wasn't as much as release as I'd hoped for.

"Don't be so down, love," Ashton said, slinging his arm lightly, briskly over my shoulders. "We'll get out of here... I promise."

I shook my head, not turning to meet his gaze. I didn't say anything. I didn't need to; he knew I had doubts. My instincts were screaming at me that we'd never go back.

A knot in my stomach weaved tightly at the thought.

Even though sleeping in Alex's arms didn't bring that old relaxed feeling that I could only experience when vampires weren't included in my life, it did open a slightly warm feeling. The only form of safety, relaxation, happiness I had felt for as long as I could remember. Now, if I were to be trapped in a Ghost Plane... I'd never feel it again.

I didn't doubt that Ashton could protect me, the same went for Claude, but neither one of them could bring that feeling that rose inside me when Alex got protective.

That was the one feeling I didn't understand. I had a feeling I never would, either.

Whatever it was, it was gnawing at every single nerve in my body.