Love Sucks - 7

Here you go, & have fun reading<3

~

Chapter seven;

I awoke to my alarm buzzing out again. I slammed my hand down on the ‘off’ button, and got out of bed.

I tidied up my room, glancing down at my arm every now and then; I’d woken in the night, only to pick out the shards of glass still embedded into my flesh, leaving little gash wounds scrambled on my arm. My hair stank of pure vodka, and not having enough time to wash it, I pulled it up into a loose bun at the back of my head. No one else would care, there was no point trying to look presentable – who was I trying to impress? I went through my everyday routine, then changed into a pair of dark blue ripped boyfriend jeans, with a ‘Love Me’ tee shirt from New Look, with my usual black zip-up hoody over it. I raced downstairs, and out the door before my mother could even try and get an apology squeezed in.

I ran to catch the bus before it drove away, and I sat on the seat at the back in silence. I sighed heavily as my college came into view, groups of people stood with umbrellas high in the air, kicking at the puddles of rain water to make their friends drenched. Yes, it was still raining – the only good thing that had really come out of my days recently. The rain itself was cold, beating down on my wounded arm, a tingling sensation numbing to the bone. I made my way towards my form room, registering, and going straight to first period History.

Halfway through the lesson, I got a text as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Sexy Beast:

Babe, did you get dressed in the dark today?

I scowled down at the screen, and my eyes swept over the class, coming to a stop to my right, where Alex sat at the table next to me. His eyes met mine, and he winked, a smirk forming on his lips, an evil glint in his eye. For a few moments I was slightly bewildered at his presence, wondering what on Earth he was doing in my college. But then I remembered how on the night we met in Whitehouse, he’d told me he was to join Taunton’s College. I’d never mentioned that I went here too, but a part of me suspected that he already knew.

Me:

Go get screwed.

Sexy Beast:

…By you? Sure thing.

I glared at him, but he merely bit his lip seductively. I rolled my eyes, and ignored the last text, putting my phone back in my pocket. I could tell that clearly yesterday meant nothing to him, either that or he had bipolar. I thought he cared? Obviously not… but for a little moment I thought he was different, that he was sensitive. Silly me.

I clenched my jaw, and switched my phone off. Turning my attention back to my essay, I focused on the history of world war one, and not Alex’s stupid texts. For a vampire, he was unusually teen-like. At the end of history, I packed up all of my things, and headed for the next lesson.

I was sat at our usual lunch table, vaguely listening to everybody natter about more assignments that were coming up, me – once again – acting part of the scenery all the while.

“Oh, Alex! Hey!” Grace said loudly, gesturing for him to come over.

“What are you doing?!” I snapped. “And how the hell do you know him?!”