Love Sucks - 9

It's only short again, so I thought I'd upload it a little early =D

I promise the next chapter'll be longer than they've been these past two...

Enjoy!

Chapter nine;

"Who're 'them'?" I asked eagerly, turning on the bench to look at him properly, knowing my sentence didn't actually make sense, but oh well. A question is a question, right?

"Never mind," he said, his voice suddenly acidic. "You wouldn't understand anyway with your bleak little human mind."

"Alex, just because I'm a human, it doesn't mean I'm dumb. Besides, I'm not all human anymore, am I?"

"You're dumb when it comes to vampires, clearly." He insulted.

I sighed, shaking my head with annoyance. I stood up, and walked down the concrete path that split two halves of the fields, wandering aimlessly in the direction I thought was home. I glanced back over my shoulder, and he was still sat on the bench, watching me go. I saw the other vampires emerge from the trees, heading straight towards him, but when I looked back at the bench, he was gone. I looked back at the trees... they were all gone.

I walked a little faster, having no reason to linger.

To be perfectly honest, I had to get it into my head that he wasn't always going to be around to save me, like he did when that druggie came to the door. He wasn't always going to be around in general... because eventually, when the training was done and I did his little favour, he would leave me and I him, growing distinctively separate from each other, leading different eternities.

My house finally came into view, and it seemed as though nothing had changed. Slowly, I walked up the driveway, hopped onto the porch and pushed the door open hesitantly...

Slamming it shut, I caught the stench of... yes, you guessed it right, tobacco. My mum was home, at the least. I could hear a man's voice grumbling a laugh from in the living room.

"Mum, oh good, you're in," I said sarcastically. "A little one of your friends came over earlier. Tried to kill me. You know, because you owe him money for all the drugs he sells you."

Yes, she was sat in the living room with a man. That man was sat in my father's chair. Hate boiled deep inside me... far worse then the hate I felt for Alex. So, so much worse... I wonder what would happen if I just ripped his throat out.

Wait, did I honestly just think that?

"Oh, that's nice sweetie." Mum mumbled, lighting up another death-stick.

"Are you even listening?" I growled. "And who the fuck is he, and why's he sitting in my dad's chair?"

"I'm John," he said with a smile.

"Great, I think you should leave now." I said pointedly.

"But your mother and I were just playing an adult game-,"

"Mate, I'm sixteen, not five. I don't care if you want to screw my mum, just get the fuck outta my house!" I snapped, glaring at him.

My mother didn't say a word, merely sat there, dragging her cigarette for a long time, staring out the window. Hesitantly, her man-whore friend got up, and I waited for the front door to slam, before walking off.

Once upstairs, I went straight into the bathroom, locking the door and turning to face the mirror. My image was tensed and uneasy; my blonde hair was greasily pulled back into a ponytail, strands of hair escaping here and there. My blue eyes seemed to be pushing on grey, and my skin had an ashen tone to it.

I wearily walked over to the bath, and began to fill it up, thinking of all the good it'd do... but it wasn't as good as to erase the disgusting vampire from inside me. The monster, the bloodsucker that I'd soon become. The exact thing I hated.

After a few minutes, I walked to the now-full bath, and turned off the taps.

Stripping off all of my clothes, I climbed into the bath and lay there, my mind absently flicking through memories. After a little while, I reached up to my neck and traced the indents of puncture wounds on my throat that were barely there anymore.

Though barely, but they were still there.

I sighed, and let my hand fall.

Shutting my eyes and taking a deep breath in, I slowly lowered myself into the water, letting the thick darkness consume me as a fiery burning scratched at my lungs.

Alas, the world was plunged into a peaceful silence once more.

+ + +