Love Sucks - 38

Okay, so I decided to post this next chapter up a little earlier than planned, because I actually feel excited right now. It's gone 2am here in England, and I've just finished the last chapter of Love Sucks. So, after this chapter there's only five more to go! :o.

Anyway.. so, I want to say a huuuuuuuuuge thank you to Mattie, (nirvana_love) who motivated me to write this chapter and kept me going when it got a little tough and embarassing. He's annoying at times and he argues with me a lot, but I love him, and I couldn't have done it without him. Him, and the one and only Sophie (silly-sophie, of course!) ! Thank you both for being absolutely amazing<3...

Chapter thirty-eight;

“What the hell just happened?” I muttered groggily as soon as I woke up. I was perched on a cushioned chair in a glowing orange tent. Alex was stood next to me, and the man who’d greeted us – Gerard, I think his name was – was stood across the tent, watching me with concern plastered on his face.

“You fainted,” Gerard answered. “It looked painful, and really weird. People started to crowd round, so Alex brought you in here. What can you remember before you fainted?”

I shrugged. “I was with Ashton, and we were talking, and then this pain shot into my head. A headache, only a million times worse. It was like someone was kicking my head in or something. And then I had blotches over my eyes so I couldn’t see and then… bam, I wake up here.”

Gerard raised an eyebrow at me curiously. “What were you talking about with Ashton?”

I suddenly wished I was anywhere but here. Alex laced his fingers through mine, as if reading my mind just as I thought I didn’t want him here. He’d probably feel uncomfortable if I told him what we were really talking about – him and his family, and how they were cursed and unworthy of humanity, and how their blood was dirty.

“I… I don’t remember.” I lied.

Gerard seemed to believe me, because he sighed and said, “Okay. I’ll give you some painkillers and you can get back to the festival, or go home if you feel you must. I hope you feel alright again soon, Miss Morse.” He handed me two white pills which I took with some water on the table next to me. Alex tugged me out of the tent, and once the cold air outside hit me, he pulled me against his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

“I was worried about you,” he murmured, kissing the top of my head. “You just went down. I thought something horrible had happened. Don’t do that to me ever again.” Before I could respond, he kissed me. It was brief, but it left me happier and much better than I just had been.

“Like I wanted to faint,” I rolled my eyes.

“You know what I mean, princess.” He wrapped his arm around my waist, and we began walking again. As we made our way around the outskirts of the festival, I couldn’t help but feel slightly weary of the people that glanced over at me. We walked past the beautiful horse that I loved again, but after just a quick touch of her head, we continued on. As we walked, I looked over at Alex, who was deep in thought. Feeling as though I ought not to disrupt his trail of thoughts, I turned my attentions back to the festival, eyes scanning the dancing crowds. My eyes met with a girl’s stood on the other side of the field, and I found myself unable to look away. She was beautiful; the sort of beautiful that made every girl’s heart split in two, the sort that made even the shy, quiet, innocent girl of the school turn murderously jealous. Her hair was long and as black as the night around us, straight down to her ribs. Her skin was glowing pale, and her dress was violet purple and it hugged her petite body perfectly. Her eyes looked blue, but because I was standing so far away I couldn’t have been sure. Her lips held a faint, ghostly smile as she stood just out of the way of everybody on her own, watching on. But despite only having a faint smile, it seemed to go on forever, because at the corner of either side of her mouth were deep, horrifying scars embedded deep into her flesh that curved up towards her ears so that it looked like she was constantly smiling – A Chelsea Grin, otherwise known as a Glasgow Smile. My heart panged painfully for her.