Chapter 56

Bryn
At work the next day I made an appointment with a OB/GYN I'm comfortable with, Dr.Motrez. She's about 40 years old and very talked highly about in the infant ward. Surprisingly she had an opening for Thursday which was perfect timing for us. So I made the appointment for 3pm Gavin and I will have to leave school early to make the appointment on time. I told Erica and Crystal about my engagement and to say the whole cafeteria heard their screams would be an understatement.
Earlier that day at lunch
Sitting at the table with Erica and Crystal I decided to go ahead and tell them about my engagement but not pregnancy, at least not yet. "Hey guys, I have something to tell you." I say as I wring my hands together to calm my nerves. Why am I so nervous? Taking a deep breathe I look at them to see them already looking at me, waiting. "Yeah, and what would that be?"Crystal asks. "So, at dinner on our last night in New York Gavin proposed to me" I say quietly, not wanting the whole school to hear our conversation. "What? I can't hear you. Did you hear her Crystal?" Erica asks with a confused look. Ugh, ok here it goes. Talking a little louder I repeat what I said. All of sudden there were loud 'Whats' and 'are you serious' going on at our table. Shushing them as best as I could before the whole cafeteria heard them but looking around I see it was too late, as I see Amy sitting a couple tables away from us with her fists clenched. "Your engaged?" Crystal yells, very loudly. My eyes widen as I try hard to tell them to keep their voices down. "Yes, and I was wondering if ya'll would be my bridesmaids?" I ask them with a hopeful look, and my hands in a prayer pose. "Yes' "Of course" I get answered back with. Relieving a big sigh of relief I smile at my two best friends as we start talking about the upcoming wedding and what Chloe and I have chosen so far, quietly.

It's finally Wednesday and Gavin and I are on our way to meet Izzy, our wedding planner. I of course brought my dream board. "Do you thing it's stupid of me bringing it?" I ask Gavin as we pull into the parking lot. "What, of course not. We only have five months so giving her an insight if what we want, visually is great. It will give her a better insight of what you want baby." That makes sense, I was just gonna bring it so she knew what I thought of so far, but his explanation makes better sense.  As we parked I seen the place was a bit full, but thankfully we are a reservation. Walking in the hostess greeted us and brought us to our table in the back where a woman was seated. Taking her in I noticed she was in a red pants suit and her long black hair was in a low ponytail, as we approached the table she turned and her blue eyes were shining from sunlight through the window. Her dark tan skin meshed perfectly with her black hair giving off Spanish vibes, her wide smile and perfectly white teeth glimmered as she stood up and out stretched her hand to us. "Hi, I'm Izasbelle, Izzy, and you must be Gavin" she says as he shakes his hand. "Yes, I am. This is Bryn, my fiancé." Hi" I say as I shake her hand also. I had my dream board in my other hand behind my back, I don't know why but I was nervous to give it to her, like she wouldn't like it. "What do you have there?" She points to my other hand and I feel my face flush with embarrassment. "Umm, it's my dream board." I bring it from behind me and show her, her eyes get a bit wider as she looks at it. "Wow, you've got almost everything chosen. That good, it'll make my job easier to do and faster knowing what you want." Gavin looks down and gives me a smile and a quick peck behind my ear as he whispers "See, now let's sit down and tell her what you want so she can make your dream wedding come true." After about 15 minutes of talking with Izzy, she says she can get it done within our time limit. We still need to do cake and food testing but besides that she's good to go. I can't believe how easy it was to tell her, I'm so ready to be married.

It's finally Thursday which is the day we find out far along I am and can get an ultrasound. I'm a nervous wreck, I can't concentrate at school for anything. I decide to leave at lunch seeing as how Gavin will be here shortly and I wanted to get tot he doctors early to fill out the paperwork. After I get home I take a shower to freshen up and change into a dark blue sweater dress with black leggings with my dark brown ankle boots. I don't put any makeup on but I do fix my hair into two Dutch braids. Glancing at the clock I see it's almost one and right as I exit my room my phone dings with a notification from Gavin saying he's outside. I make my way to the door grabbing my keys to lock the door as I head out and into Gavin's awaiting truck. Climbing in I lean over and kiss him like I need him to breathe. God I've missed him, I know I just seen him last night but for some reason I'm feeling extra clingy right now. "Hey baby, you ready to see our little bean?" He asks as he pulls away from the kiss and started backing up. With a big smile on my face I nod at him and grab his hand, I just need some type of touch with him. As we pull into the hospital parking lot I direct him where to park for the doctors office. We arrived 30 minutes ahead of my appointment time, perfect timing to fill out paperwork and get things in order. After the paperwork is complete we wait, as we wait I see a lot of women here pregnant during different times. Some are further along than others and I can picture myself like that with Gavin's children, all swole and wobbling around like a penguin with my short stature. I smile as I look around me. My name is called and I squeeze Gavin's hand as we stand and walk through the door leading to the back area. Once back there I get weighed and she gives me a tiny cup to pee in. After I do my business I head to the room where Gavin is waiting, I walk in to see him plating with the vagina mannequin they have sitting on the table. I laugh as I shed my head at him, he can be such a child. "What are you doing baby?" I ask him as I sit on climb on the table with the white paper rolled over it. "Look!" He says, as I look at him he turns sideways and sticks his tongue out like he's licking the vagina. I laugh right as the doctor knocks on the door, I laugh harder as he tries to scramble to set down the vagina before he gets caught, almost dropping it. Dr. Mortez walks in with a clipboard in her hands and a smile on her face. "Good afternoon, Bryn how are you?" She asks me as she takes a seat in the rolling chair beside me. "I'm doing good, just came to check up on the baby. I took a couple of tests this past weekend and they came out positive. I have been feeling tired lately and feeling nauseous." I tell her truthfully. Nodding she glances at Gavin, "Hi there, you must be Gavin?' She asks as she outstretches her hand for him to shake. He nods his head as he shakes her hand with a confused face. "Sorry, Bryn talks about her Gavin all the time around here." I blush at her statement. Jeez thanks doc! He looks at me with a sly smirk on his handsome face and I turn to the siren to avoid his stare. "Ok, let's see what we got,hmm."

As I lift my dress and lower my tights she tucks some white paper under my waistband to keep the gel from getting on my clothes. "Ok, this will be a little cold going on but will warm up as we go." She says as she squirts the gel on my tummy. She takes the ultrasound wand and starts to move it around my until this stops over a little peanut shake on the screen. "Ok, so seeing this and the measurements I'd say your about seven weeks almost eight." She says with a big smile as she clicks some shots of our peanut. Looking as Gavin I can see he has tears in his eyes, I take his hand and give it a squeeze. He looks at me with so much love I feel myself crying too. "Look, baby it's our baby" I just smile and nod at him. "I'm so happy Hazel. I love you" I tell him as he leans in for a kiss. We're a little over a month along. "Ok, so when you leave schedule an appointment for 4 weeks and I'll see ya'll then." She says as she wipes the gel off and leaves the room. As we are making the appointment she walks up hands me the ultrasound picture and I have to say it's my favorite picture right now, me and Gavin made this.

 As we are making the appointment she walks up hands me the ultrasound picture and I have to say it's my favorite picture right now, me and Gavin made this

Our little peanut.