✿ Chapter 51 : Petunia ✿

At this point I'm not even gonna apologize for updating so inconsistently ;-; Life happens and school happens; and being in a place where I physically cannot update books makes me understand the amount of fanfics on Wattpad that are abandoned or discontinued as sad as it is. (More on the end of the chapter if anyone's interested on a small update)

"I've had enough hospital visits for an entire lifetime."

"Stop getting injured and you wont have to," Kyoya chided, reading through the medical report that the nurse had handed over as few moments ago and had left to give them some privacy.

After the hosts were sure that Sumire was alright the rest of the group went back to class save for Kyoya and Sumire who rode out to the nearest Ootori hospital to treat her newest collection of injuries. 

Tamaki and Haruhi detouring to report the incident personally to his father so that no amount of money will get handed over to shove it under the rug while the twins were looking after Sumire's belongings while Honey and Mori kept a close eye on the three girls as time passed.

"I'm really okay you know," Sumire pouted, batting her eyelashes, "At least compared to the other ones."

"You have a concussion, bruising on the side of your face and several cuts from broken glass."

"At least it's not a coma. Too soon?"

Kyoya sighed, taking a seat beside Sumire's bedside and raising an arm, "Quite."

Cuddling into Kyoya's side Sumire layed her head down on his chest with a soft sight, "I'm a lot of trouble aren't I?"

"Nothing I can't handle," Kyoya replied cheekily, absentmindedly stroking Sumire's long locks, "Whatever will you do without me?"

Sumire snorted, "Perish, probably. I don't have to stay here right?"

"No, but you'd require supervision until tomorrow to make sure your concussion doesn't worsen."

"How's the club by the way? Do you need me to-"

Kyoya raised a finger, poking Sumire's forehead playfully, "I need you to take care of yourself. I'm fully capable of managing the host club. I'm not fond of seeing you lying in hospital beds."

"I can't help it if trouble keeps finding me. I forgot about them you know, those girls from the beginning of the year. They're the same ones right?"

"That is correct, it seems they had taken the opportunity to strike back after the news of your departure from the host club."

Sweatdropping, Sumire nervously laughed, "Oh yeah, I did that huh. Heh, can I still, you know..."

"Normally it would require a club meeting before deciding to add new club members but I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

"Haruhi had stopped by and dropped off your things already, is there anywhere else you'd like to stop by?" Kyoya asked, signaling at his driver to proceed out of the parking.

"I can think of one, do you remember the pet store we took Shadow to when we first got her?"

"Yes, the one near the shopping center. Is there a reason why you'd want to go there?"

Sumire shrugged, "I just wanna drop by and say hello. I bought most of Shadows food and treats online, Daisuke might be wondering where I've gone off to."

"First name basis I see," Kyoya mumbled typing into a spreadsheet on his laptop.

Sumire playfully bumped into his side, "Is this jealousy is hear? The great mighty Kyoya?"

"I don't get jealous, I simply would prefer if other men's eyes strayed away from you, but then again your beauty is quite breathtaking."

"Sometimes I forget you're a host."

"One sec, I'll be right back," Sumire took out her wallet and giving Kyoya a quick peck on the cheek before rushing out to the petstore the limo was parked by in.

Opening the glass door, the shop bell  rang as a voice greeted her, "Welcome to our shop, how can I he- Sumi!- I mean, Shiraishi-san- uh-"

"No need I'm officially back," Sumire waved a hand, "Anything happen here when I was gone?"

Daisuke beamed as the girl before shaking his head as he glanced to the side of the store and saw the limo with one of the windows halfway open, a particular set of glasses glinting from the inside, "Nothing much, though it seems a lot happened with you."

"Definitely, I'll catch up with you soon yeah? I'm kinda in a rush, someone's waiting for me."

"Oh I can tell, your usual cat food and treats then?"

"Bingo."

Short chapter but I just wanted to get this out so the book will get updated and not fall into the darkness of abandoned books

To be honest I didn't even really want to continue the book anymore as I ended on a happy note on the last chapter and wanted to leave it vague for the readers to just kinda imagine their own happy ending. 

Most likely I'll do a timeskip with some filler and then head straight into the last episodes for the grand finale. Sumire and Kyoya have been through way too much and I actually wanna write a new fic in a new fandom. 

I also just wanted to say that I'm very thankful to the people who add my book to their library and vote on the chapters, I see you truly, and I'm just so happy that even with my mediocre writing skills there are people who seem to like it enough to keep reading. 

Cheers to all of us who made it through the months and the upcoming years to come. The last stretch of the Host Club's Florist is coming soon! <3