11 | Truth

Thinking abt renaming all the chapters. Might do it idk yet

After a few days, they were finally turned back to their actual ages. Komaeda was terrified. They'd hate him. They'd all hate him. Now they knew the truth. All of the attention was on him.

"I... I'm sorry..." He said.

"You don't have to be. No one's mad, Komaeda-kun. We were surprised, sure, but we don't like you any less," Nanami had told him that. Weeks had passed since then and he still felt slightly nervous.

He was exhausted from cleaning the dining hall. Owari had started a food fight in there. His knees hurt from cleaning the floor on all fours. He was sure he must have had bruises.

"Oww..." He whined. He was so, so tired. Everything hurt. Tears began to build in his eyes and he lifted his hands to whipe them.

Just then, the door opened, revealing Hinata. When he saw Komaeda crying on the floor, he rushed towards him.

"Komaeda! What's wrong?" He pulled him close and let him cry into his chest.

"I-I can't do this anymore..."

"Do what?"

"Clean up after you all... I'm so exhausted. Please just... give me a break,"

Hinata helped him up. "I didn't know you were cleaning this all. Look, we'll go to my cottage for now, okay? Then we'll see what we're gonna do,"

Komaeda agreed and they walked there together. Sitting down on the bed, Hinata sighed and stroked his boyfriend's cheek.

"I'm so sorry," He said.

"I'm all... hurty..." Komaeda grabbed his own arms, hugging himself to try and calm down.

"You're sweating, take off your jacket, okay?"

He nodded and put it away, even if he didn't like not wearing it.

"Do your feet hurt? Or your legs or head? What exactly hurts?"

"Everything..." He cried. "You don't get it..."

Hinata raised an eyebrow. "What don't I get?"

"It's because I... I used to have cancer,"

Hinata's eyes widened. "Huh?"

"I'm healthy again now though! Well... not healthy healthy, but I don't have cancer,"

"Wh-what do you mean 'not healthy healthy?!" Hinata grabbed his shoulders.

"I, ah... so chemotherapy has aftereffects. I get tired easily a-and my body is more... fragile, I guess? It's super easy for me to develop bruises and start bleeding. When im wounded, I'm also more likely to get an infection than you, for example,"

"I see. Is there anything else?"

Komaeda sighed. "I have PTSD,"

Hinata stared at him for a while, before speaking up. "You... do? Doesn't that come from experiencing traumatic events?"

"Exaclty. I was misdiagnosed with frontotemporal dementia at first, but then they found out it was just PTSD," He let out a nervous chuckle.

"Al...right." He breathed in. "Is there a way for me to help you?"

"You shouldn't help someone as worthless as me, really..."

Hinata frowned. "What did you say?"

Komaeda got nervous by Hinata's deep tone of voice. "I-I said you... shouldn't worry about... s-someone as worthless as m-me..?"

"Exactly. Don't say that type of shit, okay? You're not worthless. To me, you're priceless,"

Komaeda stared at the other man in disbelief. He didn't even know what to say and just began crying.

"Wh-why are you crying?!"

Komaeda shook his head. "I'm just happy!" He hugged Hinata tightly. "No one's ever said that to me,"

That was sad. "Not even your parents?"

The other boy stayed silent and just continued hugging him. "You're the best, Hi-kun! Thank you!"

Hinata supposed he didn't have to talk about his parents if the didn't want to. The tan boy sighed and rubbed his boyfriend's back.

"You're welcome,"