2 | Rough Morning

Komaeda woke up in a cold sweat. He'd had a bad nightmare about his past. He looked over at the clock in his room. It was 06:30 in the morning. He didn't wanna go back to sleep in fear of having another nightmare. Komaeda got up and noticed that his legs were trembling. He decided to go to the dining hall to drink a glass of water.

It was still dark and cool outside. Komaeda hurried so he wouldn't have to be in the cold for long. When he got to the dining hall, he filled up a glass with water and drank from it. He let out a big sigh. Komaeda was so scared and he felt lonely.

He took a deep breath. Getting stranded on an abandoned island instead of going to an amazing school was bad, right? That meant something good had to come from this. He smiled at the thought. He couldn't let it get to him. He couldn't show any type of negative emotion. Everything was good. He was feeling good.

Komaeda let out a yawn. He walked towards the window of the dining hall and looked at the cottages. His classmates were all still most likely asleep. It was kind of cold. Komaeda only wore a T-shirt and boxers to sleep, so his arms and legs werent covered at all. He was also barefoot and the floor was cold. It stung slightly.

He finally decided to go back to his cottage. On the way there, he rubbed his arms, trying to warm up. His could see his breath come out of his mouth in white puffs of air. This was a tropical island and it was always so warm during the day and now, at almost seven in the morning, it was still super cold. He arrived at his cottage and went inside.

It was almost seven, so it would be useless to go back to bed. He decided to take a shower instead. When he was done, he got dressed. He grabbed his blow dryer that he got from rocketpunch market and dried his hair. It always got super fluffy and puffy when it finished drying, so he looked for his hairbrush.

"Jeez, where'd I put it?" He searched everywhere, but couldn't find it. In the end, he decided to ask Hinata if he had one. Komaeda walked to his cottage and knocked. The morning announcement hadn't gone off yet, but it would any minute now, so Hinata probably wouldn't mind if he woke him up with his knocking. After a minute or so, the door opened.

"Komaeda? What do you need? Why's your hair... like that?"

"It gets like that after I shower. Uhm, I can't find my hairbrush. Do you have one I can use real quick?"

"Nope, sorry,"

"Oh, you don't brush you hair?" He tilted his head.

"Mhm. My hair's too short to get tangled. Uh... can I... you know, touch it? It looks so soft,"

"Oh, of course!"

"Sweet." Hinata reached out and pat his head. His hand almost disappeared completely in the big amount of hair. "Damn, it's so fluffy. It's like I'm touching a rabbit or something,"

"I really don't deserve that praise. Bunny's are too cute to get compared to someone like me,"

Hinata frowned. "Well I think you're..."

The morning announcement went off and Komaeda couldn't hear the last part of what Hinata said.

"Oh, I'll go get dressed. See you in a bit, Komaeda!"

"Yeah, see you!" Now he had to ask someone else for a hairbrush. Souda had long hair. He had to own one!

Komaeda walked to his cottage and knocked. Souda opened the door.

"You need somethin'?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe. He sounded tired.

"Yeah, if you don't mind. Do you have a hairbrush I could use for a sec?"

Souda looked at Komaeda's hair. "Damn, you look like... I don't know, a cloud? How'd that happen?"

"It's just my natural hair. It happens when I shower,"

"Kinda cool, to be honest. Yeah, I'll get my hairbrush. Wait here."

He came back quickly and Komaeda brushed his hair. "Thank you, Souda-kun!"

"No problem." He closed the door and Komaeda went to the dining hall.

Hanamura was just done putting plates on the table. "Komaeda-kun, good to see you,"

"Good morning, Hanamura-kun." He sat down at the table. He still felt stressed out from the dream he had. Hanamura gave him some food. "Thanks..."

Eventually, everyone got to the dining hall. It was loud since there were so many people talking. Komaeda didn't like noisy places.

"Kyahahaha!" Saionji laughed. "Tsumiki looks so ugly right now!"

"I'm s-sorry!" She cried.

Komaeda frowned. Saionji was so mean.

"You dirty pig! I hope you fall down the stairs and break your neck!"

"Saionji-san, not cool." Komaeda glared at her.

"Why would I care what some psychopath thinks of me? You're just as ugly as Tsumiki! You smell like rotten eggs!"

"Huh?! D-do I?"

"Of course you do, you're so nasty!"

Hinata groaned. "My God, shut up for once. You don't smell, Komaeda. Don't worry,"

Komaeda sighed in relief.

"Now that Saionji mentioned it... something does smell bad. Not Komaeda though," Souda said.

"What do you mean?" Hinata asked.

"I don't know... someone here smells sweaty. It's not me this time,"

Everyone began looking at each other. Then, Kuzuryuu spoke up. "It's Saionji,"

"What?! No, it's not! Why where you sniffing me?!" She frantically defended herself.

"Go take a bath, it's gross," Kuzuryuu demanded.

"B-but... I don't know how to put on my Kimono all by myself..."

Koizumi hit her fist on the table. "You all are super insensitive! Hiyoko-chan, I'll teach you, okay? Come with me,"

They both left the dining hall after that. The air was thick now, everyone was tense.

"I-I'm sorry for-"

"Tsumiki, you shut up too..." Hinata sighed. "You all say a lot of unnecessary words..." He put his head in his hands for a few seconds, before getting up and leaving.

Komaeda tilted his head. What was up with Hinata? Was he sick? Did he have a headache? He'd have to ask him.