5 | Girls?

"What the hell?! Where you trying to get yourself killed?!" Hinata yelled, shaking him.

Komaeda stared at him. "N-no... I just tripped,"

"Then why were you-"

He got up, startling Hinata. Still, he sighed and spoke up.

"Are you okay? Like, really?"

"I'm fine." Komaeda grinned. "Just a bit... wet." He laughed. "I'll go change my clothes,"

Hinata got up as well. "What were you running from?"

Komaeda tilted his head. "Whaaat? I don't know what you mean." He giggled.

"S-stop laughing, this isn't funny!" Hinata raised his voice. "You're freaking me out, dude!"

Komaeda sighed. "Hinata-kun, really, I'm okay. Don't worry about a useless piece of trash such as me." With that, he left.

Hinata watched him leave. He had... weird feelings for Komaeda. Ones that he shouldn't have.

The next few days, Komaeda seemed... odd. He seemed anxious and scared. He looked like he was constantly on the verge of tears. To top it off, he barely talked to anyone.

Hinata watched him clean the dished with Hanamura. Everytime the cook would make a perverted comment about him, he'd seem creeped out, but didn't give him a response.

Komaeda was reaching out to grab a sponge that was in the top shelf, when Hanamura put a hand on his thigh. Komaeda yelped and the sponge fell onto his head. Hanamura chuckled and picked it up.

"You sure are clumsy. If you want, I can teach you how to be more... relaxed,"

Komaeda took the sponge from him and began cleaning. He bent over to clean the stove and Hanamura put a hand on his lower back.

"You'll be exhausted after all this cleaning, Komaeda-kun. You should come over to my cottage later so I can give you a... thorough massage." He put his hand on Komaeda's thigh again and squeezed it. Komaeda shuddered.

"Come on, you know you'll enjoy it as much as I will. You're such a pretty boy, Komaeda-kun, don't let that go to waste by never showing it off,"

His hand traveled up his leg and under his shirt. Komaeda seemed horrified and Hinata knew he had to step in.

"Hey! Get the hell away from him, you creep!" He shouted.

"I was only-"

"Harassing him! Get out right now!"

Hanamura walked away and Hinata rushed towards Komaeda, who was trembling.

"Are you okay?" He asked him.

Komaeda looked at Hinata, but pushed past him and ran away. Hinata sighed. He should let him have some privacy.

He decided to just take a walk around the islands. He passed rocketpunch market and went to the next island. On that one, the new toy store had been put.

Hinata wasn't interested in that, so he just walked by. He did look at it for a second though, and saw Komaeda standing inside. He noticed Hinata staring and blushed, quickly grabbing the nearest plushy and holding it up to cover his face in shame. Hinata laughed. That was pretty cute. Wait, no it wasn't! Komaeda was a boy and so was Hinata. He couldn't like him.

"I-I like girls!" He whisper-yelled. "I like girls and women and girls and women and boobs. Right. Boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs bo-"

"Why do you keep whispering that?"

"Ahh!" He shrieked. "Jesus Christ, Komaeda! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Sorry. But why did you say 'boobs' over and over again?" He tilted his head.

Hinata turned red. Komaeda had heard that? Oh God...

"Because I like them, obviously!"

"I like things and I don't constantly talk about them,"

"Is that so? You talk about hope a lot,"

Komaeda's eyes sparkled. "Of course I do! Ah, hope is absolute good! I'll do anything in order to assure a hopeful future for all of you guys! You're all symbols of-"

"See? You feel the same way about hope as I feel for... boobs," This was so embarrassing.

Komaeda gave him a questioning look. "Would you die for boobs?"

"Of course not!"

"Yeah." Komaeda put his hands on his waist, like Koizumi did a lot. "And you guys aren't symbols of boobs either, don't get it confused. You can't compare absolute good to a dumb body part,"

"N-no need to get so serious." He nervously laughed.

"It's a very serious topic to me," He huffed.

Hinata couldn't help but laugh. "Serious? You just said the words 'symbols of boobs' and expect me to take you seriously,"

Komaeda's cheeks heated up. "W-well... yes!"

"Anyway, what did you get from the toy store?"

He turned even more red. "N-nothing!"

Alright, Hinata couldn't deny it anymore. Komaeda was cute as hell when he was embarrassed, even if he was a boy. But that didn't mean he had a crush in him. It did not.

Right?

Komaeda held the bag he was holding close to his chest so Hinata couldn't see what was inside.

"I have to go! Bye!" Then, Komaeda hurried off, leaving Hinata confused.