shiny thing go brrr

It had been a long and bloody battle filled with betrayal and hardships. Everything they had worked for finally paid off. Tommy had made a deal with the devil, sacrificing his discs for the greater good of L'manburg and its citizens. Wilbur had never been prouder of his little brother. For his selfless actions and his hard work for the freedom of their great L'manburg, he instated his little brother as his Vice President. Sure, there was something morally wrong with having his fifteen-year-old baby brother fighting wars with him and making them a Vice President, but he and Tommy had been through thick and thin and he trusted no one more than the energetic blonde. So, who better to make Vice President than his most trusted ally and the one to sacrifice everything for their country.

Tommy laughed as Tubbo chased him down the prime path near the entrance of L'manburg, screaming as he felt his friend's familiar hands shove him off the path. He splashed into the water below, quickly resurfacing on the other side with a shriek of cusses hurled towards Tubbo, followed by laughter.

"Tommy! Tubbo!"

Their heads turned to look at their president, Wilbur, when he called. They made their way to the man, slightly out of breath from their previous roughhousing.

"Yeah, big man?" Tommy questioned as he shook his wet hair from his eyes.

"Now that we've had some well-needed rest, I have a job that I need the two of you to do for me."

Tommy's eyes quickly shifted to his brother's wrist when the man had moved to cross his arms. The sun had hit it and brought it to his attention. Wilbur had noticed that his younger brother's attention had suddenly drifted.

He sighed, "Tommy, pay attention this is important."

Tommy's eyes did not leave the gold cufflink, "Hey Wilbur, could I have that?"

Tubbo lightly snickered as Wilbur pinched the bridge of his nose, not in the mood for his brother's antics.

"Tommy... really, please pay attention. I'll give it to you after you finish the task, okay?"

Tommy threw his head back with a groan, "But Willllllbuuuuuur, I want it now. Pretty please?"

Wilbur really did not want to argue now, since they did have important business to attend to. But he supposed this is what he gets for letting a fifteen-year-old become Vice President. So, he finally gave in and unclipped his cufflink, and held it out to the younger.

Tommy's eyes lit up when Wilbur held the shiny gold accessory out for him to take. His shifty hands were quick to grab the item as if the man would change his mind at any second. He held it up to the sunlight, watching in awe before he placed it deep into his inventory for safekeeping. He had a wide grin on his face as he quickly jumped onto his older brother with a tight hug.

"Thanks, Wilby!"

Wilbur snapped out of his serious mood when his baby brother hugged him and called him 'wilby.' He had not heard that name for a while. Tommy had stopped calling him that a year after the boy had begged to tag along with him on his travels. At first, he had been surprised when their father, Phil, had allowed Tommy to join him, but the man decided it was safer for the younger boy to join him on his travels instead of his and Techno's dangerous adventures.

Wilbur could not help but fondly smile down at the blond and pet his head in affection. He could wait a minute to get to business, "Aww, Tommy."

Tommy had leaned into the larger hand when it rested in his head, that was until, Tubbo, being the gremlin that he was, did not miss his opportunity to be the greatest best friend in the history of best friends, "Aww, Tommy is being clingy! ClingyInnit!"