Cuddle pile

Ranboo had made sure to get far away from the fighting. He had to make sure he didn't encounter Dream, so that he wouldn't harm his friends. He had found a good spot to hide away. He found a cave and dug into its walls. He made a small room to hide in, sealing it off and lighting it with a single torch.

He pulled out his memory book and began to write in it, he needed to make sure he had these details down before he forgets. Though halfway through writing, he froze as he got the notification on his communicator.

Dream was slain by Technoblade and Philza

Dream was on one life now. He wasn't sure if the man planned on backing out or if he still wanted to fight them for Tommy. Once he finally finished writing things down, he saw the next notification on his Communicator.

Dream was slain by Wilbur

When that third death message was sent out, he could feel something break inside of him. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was like chains that were holding him back were now gone. And with that came an overwhelming flash of memories.

Ranboo was left gasping against the wall, cradling his head. What had he done?

Technoblade whispers to you: It's finished, where are you?

Ranboo's shaky hands typed out a response, sending him his coords.

He wasn't sure how long it had been, how long he had been holding his head while pushed up in the corner. He soon broke out of his mind as he heard the sound of mining. He looked up to see the stone break away under a glowing netherite pick.

"Techno" He gasped.

Technoblade frowned and walked in, "What happened? Are you okay?"

Ranboo tugged at his hair and lowered his head, "I... I did such a bad thing... I remember what I did, what happened while I was with Dream."

Technoblade kneeled next to the boy, "What happened?"

Ranboo tried his best to hold back his tears, but it was no use. The water burned his cheeks, "I... I helped Dream. I held Tommy down and broke them while Dream cut them off. I stood there as I watched him torture and manipulate him. I helped him do that."

Technoblade gritted his teeth, "Hey, it's okay. It wasn't your fault. He controlled you, you had no say in anything."

"A-and he... and he... I couldn't do anything... I-I... I was trapped."

"He's gone now. He can't do anything anymore. Come back to L'manburg with me, we can set up a temporary shelter there before we figure out what to do next."

Ranboo nodded and slowly stood up, hunching over and staring at the ground.

"I... I can't see him Techno, not after what I did."

Techno frowned, "I get that... but you can't stay away forever. I'm sure he would understand if you explained it to him. I'll have your back if and when you decide to finally confront it."

Ranboo nodded and gave a weak reply, "Okay... Thank you."

Tommy woke up curled into comfortable body heat. When he woke up, he nuzzled in closer to the warmth. He could feel the hands around him tighten to pull him closer. He could let out a pleased hum. It had been a while since Dream was willing to cuddle him like this. He wondered what he had done to deserve such a treat.

"...Dream."

The hand stiffened around him, and the body stilled. Tommy felt his heart skip a beat and his eyes shoot open. Dream was angry. That's right, why wouldn't he be angry, he had killed him. He had hurt caretaker. He was going to be punished. He had already cut off his wings, what worse could he do?