Get the mans a birdbath

Wilbur bit at the nail on his thumb as he paced around his makeshift office. Phil had been standing in one of the corners with his own face of fury. The cabinet members were anxiously waiting outside of the office, waiting for their president to reveal their next course of action. To think they had just ended the war with the SMP only to start another. Though this time much more was on the line.

He wondered if he had been too quick to kick the SMP out of L'manburg. It might have been good to interrogate them on what they knew. There was a chance that they had known Dream done this and where Dream might be keeping Tommy. He could still remember the look on Eret's face as they tried to stay behind to explain before the others dragged him out. The look on their face had been akin to guilt and concern. They had looked like they had wanted to help, but Wilbur knew what happened last time they had 'helped.' There was no trusting Dream's puppet.

Phil glanced to the window when he heard a thumping on the glass. He walked over and opened it to let the crow in. He listened to it squawk and he sighed before releasing it back to the skies.

"So, what did your Crow say?"

"He said they haven't found anything yet."

The moment Dream had gone invisible and disappeared, he had sent out his crows to keep an eye out for the masked green man in armor. They had spread out in all directions and spied from the skies and trees. Though so far, they hadn't gotten anything. So, Dream had probably gotten back to his base before the invis pot wore off. That or the man had multiple pots and kept using them until he was back in the safety of his hideout.

"We need to talk to Eret." Wilbur recalled the meeting he had had with the King and Punz's visit, "We will also need to interrogate Punz. I'm sure that he had something to do with the fact that Tommy's now with Dream. He had a meeting with Dream the day that Tommy went missing and he said that he couldn't tell us what the meeting was about."

Phil recalled the search party meet up, trying to go over who had been there, "Who was Punz again?"

"Punz is a mercenary and a citizen of the Dream SMP. Right now, he is on Dream's payroll. He was the one who was in full enchanted netherite armor and the white hoodie."

"So, would it be safe to say that his loyalties lie with wealth? So, if we were to offer him more than Dream, would he give the man's location up and help us retrieve Tommy?"

Wilbur shrugged, "Possibly... He always upholds a client's job... but he could join us if we pay him far more than Dream. I'm not sure how much Dream pays him thought and we can't ask, or it would tip him off and Punz will tell Dream of our plans. We would have to acquire far more resources than Dream, but I'm not sure if we can manage that. He is the wealthiest person here and no one really knows how much he has access to."

Phil tutted, "You're forgetting something. Dream might be the wealthiest person on the SMP, but he isn't the wealthiest. Techno is still on his way here and both of us have accumulated vast sums of wealth during our adventures and journeys. We keep them in our enderchests."

Wilbur was not caught up with his family, but he was glad to hear that techno would be willing to help them, though he was still a bit unsure since his brother hadn't been willing to help him and Tommy when they were younger, leaving the two of them with Phil, "And Techno would be fine with us using his diamonds and netherite?"

Phil nodded, "Yeah, of course, mate. Why wouldn't he?"

Wilbur really couldn't understand why, "Well, he didn't want to help me with Tommy when we were younger, he decided he would rather leave with you."