Abandonment issues pog

Phil had left the next morning to Niki's house to talk with Ranboo and Foolish. He had a question about the nature of Tommy's wing regeneration that he couldn't find the answer to in all of his ancient scrolls and books. He waited outside of the house when Niki opened the door and welcomed him inside. He walked in and sat on the couch. Niki walked to the kitchen and came back with a cup of tea. She set it down on the table and brushed some of her hair behind her ear.

"Foolish and Ranboo should be coming down in just a minute."

Niki set down two more cups for the others before leaving the room. She didn't want to be around for a personal conversation that didn't concern her. It would be rude of her to eavesdrop. Just as she left, the two people that he had wanted to talk to came down the stairs. They sat in the chairs opposite of him. Ranboo looked more uncomfortable than he usually did when put into a serious social situation. Foolish on the other hand looked genuinely excited. He supposed he would be too if he was just freed from an empty plane of existence.

"Foolish, thank you for talking to me today. I have a question about the regeneration from yesterday."

"Sure, man. What did you want to ask?"

"Do you know anything about imprinting in avian hybrids?"

"Can't say I have."

"Well, do you know what imprinting is?"

"Yup, the thing baby birds do as soon as they hatch."

Phil hummed, "Well, imprinting with avian hybrids is similar, the only difference is that hybrids imprint as soon as they grow their wings, not when they are firstborn. Tommy had already gone through his imprinting process when he first grew his wings. When you regenerated his wings, would he be able to go through the imprinting again?"

Foolish sipped at his tea and set down the cup, "No. What I did wasn't turn back time for his body. If it was, then he would go through the imprinting process again. What I did was heal the dead tissue and use his already existing DNA and genetic coding to rapidly increase cell growth and regrow the wings. I used my powers of undying to regrow what had died."

Phil frowned. That meant he would have to go through the harder process of teaching Tommy how to fly and communicate with the birds. Hell, he might not be able to speak with the birds at all, maybe just manage a few words at most. The good part about this was he wouldn't have to fight with Wilbur over who gets to be imprinted on. Since Wil was dead set on not letting him see Tommy until after the boy agreed to it. He still didn't understand why Wil had been so upset with this. Tommy would get his wings back, and they didn't have to kill someone who wasn't willing. Sure, Ranboo would be down a life, but they would have given him totems of undying. They would have worked as extra lives. That would have been a good deal.

Thinking of ranboo, "Well, now that this is over, Techno and I will be heading out to get you the Totems as we promised. We should be back in a few days." They hadn't originally planned on heading out today because he wanted to make sure about the imprinting. But now that he knew the boy wouldn't be imprinting, he would be able to leave. He could leave him to Wil, who was experienced with taking care of him. Now that there were no threats, he could leave without much of a problem. He did plan to come back though, they weren't planning on being gone for too long.

Ranboo nodded, nervously picking at his fingers in his lap.

Phil finished drinking the rest of his tea and set the cup down. He stood up and ruffled his feathers a few times, "Well, next time you see me, I will come bearing gifts."

"Payment." Ranboo corrected.

"Payment." He agreed and left. He nodded to Niki, who was waiting outside. She gave him a tight-lipped smile before he walked back.