--ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛʜᴛᴜʙ-- pt.2

Nine sighs tiredly as he tries his best to keep his eyes open.

Feeling as the car has stopped, nine looked out the window to see they had arrived outside of the Byers' house.

Nine looked over at eleven next to him, he watches as she keeps a straight face while hopper gets out to open the door for them.

Taking his eyes off of her, he looks around at the three other boys who stayed quiet aswell.

Nine hears as Hopper now opens the car, gesturing for everyone to get out already.

"Mike, Oh my god! Mike!"

Everyone looks over at the Byers' house door, seeing a teenage girl running over to them.

Nine squints his eyes as he watches her bring Mike into her arms. Nine had recognized her as Mike's older sister, Nancy.

Everyone awkwardly watches Nancy and Mike hug infront of them.

"I was so worried about you!" Nancy scolds, pulling away from Mike who stands awkwardly.

"Yeah uh.." Mike looks at Nancy, giving her a cringy face. "Me too?"

Nine and Nancy make eye contact before her eyes trail off to eleven.

"Is that my dress?"

                              ✿✿✿

"Okay.." Mike shows everyone a piece of paper with a drawing as an example of the upside down. "So, in this example we're the acrobat."

Mike gestures to the tiny human figure drawn on the paper, "Will and Barbara, and the Monster, they're the flea."

Nine watches as Joyce, Jonathan, and Nancy's face show many different emotions trying to understand what Mike was showing them.

"And this is the upside down, where Will is hiding." Mike points to the space underneath the line. "Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space."

"A gate." Dustin smiles proudly as he adds the detail.

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab." Lucas also adds on with a straight face.

"With our compasses." Dustin says looking between all the confused faces.

Dustin sighs, "Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of the compass needle." Dustin explains.

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asks, staring at Eleven.

"Yes." Eleven answers softly.

Nine looked between Hopper and eleven.

"Near a large water tank?" Hopper adds on, keeping eye contact with eleven.

Eleven nods, "yes."

Nine had actually never seen the gate, neither has he ever been in the tank considering his extra power isn't the same as eleven's.

"H-how do you know all of that?" Dustin asks giving Hopper and Eleven a confused look.

Hopper doesn't answer as he kept staring at eleven.

"He's seen it." Mike says catching on.

Nine gives hopper a weird look, making hopper raise an eyebrow at him.

"Is there any way that you could.." Joyce starts off, looking between Nine and eleven. "That you could reach Will?  That you could talk to him in this-"

"The Upside down." Eleven cuts Joyce off, as she nodded.

Nine stayed quiet, knowing he doesn't have the ability to contact anyone with his power.