--ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʟʟ ʀᴀᴛꜱ--

Jayden held his backpack straps tightly, pushing open the big glass doors leading inside starcourt mall.

Jayden looked around at all the smiling happy people, he bit his tongue trying to spot his older brother who had walked in not too long ago.

Sighing a bit, the boy ran inside while pushing past people who let out annoyed groans and yells. The boy simply ignored them, running through his usual path.

Jayden's eye perked up when he saw the scoops ahoy store, he quickly adjusted his slipping backpack before he ran towards the familiar place hearing laughter coming from inside.

"Where's the little Henderson? Y'know i thought since you were back, he'd be by your side every second of the day." Jayden heard the voice of Steve, most likely talking to Dustin.

Jayden stopped at the entrance to catch his breath, "Im here! Im.. here!" Jayden spoke loudly as he panted before walking up to Steve and Dustin who stood infront of the scooping counter.

Dustin smiled at his younger brother. Now that Jayden brought his backpack with their stuff, they can explain everything to Steve.

------

"No, no. No way! Hotter than Phoebe cates? No." Steve looked at Dustin who took another bite of his banana split.

Dustin hummed, "Brilliant, too! And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in." Dustin spoke up as he looked at Steve who sat between him and Jayden.

"She say's kissing is better without teeth." Dustin stated happily before he ate more of his icecream.

Jayden stopped chewing on his brownie, looking at Steve who looked back at him in awkward silence. The two looked at Dustin "Huh- what?"

Dustin nodded, "... w-wow! Yeah, that's great. Proud of you man." Steve nodded slowly as he smiled at Dustin.
"That's ro- that's kinda romantic. That's like.. wow."

Dustin grinned widely, "Mhm... So do you really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" Dustin asked the older boy, gesturing to the ice cream infront of him.

Steve nodded, "Yeah, i mean sure." He said, looking towards Jayden who was still eating the brownie steve had given him, "Jayden ate so much while you were gone. Though, it's not really a good idea for me. You know.. gotta keep a good shape for the ladies."

"Yeah? And how's that working out for you?" Robin chuckled as she spoke up from behind the counter.

"Ignore her." Steve pointed at the freckled girl who laughed softly.

Dustin looked at robin with a smile, "She seems cool."

"She not."

"She is!"

Steve and Jayden spoke at the same time as they looked at eachother in disagreement. "No she's not." Steve repeated quietly before he turned to look at Dustin again, "So uh, where's the other knuckle heads?"

Dustin's smile dropped as he looked up at the older teen, "they ditched me and Jayden yesterday. And my first day back, can you believe that shit?" Dustin spoke madly.

Steve raised his eyebrows as he adjusted himself on the seat.
"Woah! Seriously?"

"I swear to god. Mm. They're gonna regret it though. Big time. When they don't get to share in my glory." Dustin sat up as he stared at Steve who stared back.

Jayden scrunched his eyebrows up in an offended way, "Our." Dustin corrected himself as he gestured to Jayden who gave a satisfied smile.

Steve looked between the two brothers confusedly, "Glory. What glory?"