--ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛʜᴛᴜʙ-- pt. 1

Nine sighed tiredly, shifting slightly on the couch. Nine looks over at Dustin, to see him pacing up and down the stairs.

They were currently in Mike's basement, Mike was cleaning eleven's face in the bathroom after he was done with nine's.

Looking around the basement nine's eyes landed on raory, standing tall on top of the table.

He smiled lightly, he hasn't played with roary in a while. Reaching over to grab roary, nine suddenly hears static.

Scrunching up his eyebrows in confusion, nine looks over at Mike's walkie talkie sitting on a table stand next to the couch.

"Mik- do yo- opy!!" Nine raises his eyebrows, looking over at Dustin who didn't seem to hear the walkie talkie.

"Mik- ustin-!!"

Nine hurriedly stands up, walking over to the walkie-talkie looking it over for a second nine presses the biggest button he sees.

"Lucas?" Nine tries talking through the walkie talkie, waiting for a response.

"Nine!! Go get mik- or dusti-!" Nine nods, before realizing Lucas couldn't see him.

Running over to Dustin, nine nudges him before handing him the walkie talkie. "Lucas."

Dustin's eyes widened, "Lucas! Do you copy?" Dustin talks through the walkie talkie, getting a confusing response.

"Dust- the mad he- ARE COMIN-" Lucas's panic voice says through the walkie talkie that kept cutting off.

Dustin and nine make eye contact, before they both run over to the bathroom door with Mike and El inside.

"Mike! It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble!" Dustin says showing Mike the walkie talkie.

"Remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asks looking at Mike who nods. "I think he found it."

Nine and el sit down, looking at each other in worry.

"What's he saying?" Mike ask Dustin who shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know he's way out of range." Dustin replies.

"Son of a bitch-" Lucas voice says through the cutting radio.

"Lucas if you can hear us, slow down!" Mike tries, "we can't understand you."

"Y-yes, i copy! Do yo-" Lucas's distressed voice shouts through the radio. "They kn- bout nine and elev-! The ba- n are coming!"

"Mad hen, does that mean anything to you?" Dustin tries repeating what Lucas was saying. "Like a code name or something?"

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas's voice now said clearest as ever.

"The bad men." Mike said eyes widening, "Bad men!"

Nine and eleven look at each other, hearts dropping.

Mike sighs anxiously, putting down the walkie talkie. "Stay here!" Mike says gesturing to El and nine.

El and nine watch as mike and dustin run upstairs.

Nine looks at eleven to find her already looking at him, "Bad men." Nine says scared.

Eleven leans forward to try to calm down nine.

After a few minutes of waiting for Dustin and Mike, they finally came back downstairs.

"Shit! Hurry guys come on!" Dustin screams, making nine panic a little while they run to the door, and over to their bikes.