--ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘʏ--

"Wait a sec, how big?" Steve asked as he just finished listening to the two brother's story about dart.

Dustin held up two fingers, spreading them 4 inches apart from eachother, "First he was like this," Dustin put up his two arms, gesturing the size difference, "Now he's like this."

Steve sighed as he looked back at the road, "I swear to god man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's not a lizard, we've to told you that already." Jayden spoke up from the back seat as he leaned forward.

Steve took a glance at the youngest, "How do you know?"

Dustin raised his eyebrows, "How do we know if it's not?" Dustin questioned as he turned to look at Steve.

Steve exhales, "Yes! How do you know if it's not just a lizard!" Steve raised his voice a little as he threw his arm in the air dramatically.

Jayden rolled his eyes, "Because his face opened up and he ate our cat." Jayden bursted out as Dustin face palmed and nudged Jayden.

Steve stood quiet as he stared at the road infront of him.

The trio got to the Henderson's house, they all quickly got out of the car to look through the trunk.

Steve opened the trunk as he handed Jayden his car keys, leaning forward he grabbed his nailed bat and a flashlight as he looked at the two brothers before closing the trunk.

"All right, come on. It's this way." Dustin said as he and Jayden led Steve to their backyard where Dart was trapped in the cellar.

Steve aimed the flashlight at the locked doors, staying quiet for a moment. "I don't hear shit."

Dustin looked between Steve and the doors, "He's in there.."

Steve slightly banged on the metal doors with the bat, waiting a bit before he hit again but this time harder.

Jayden moved forward to try to hear any growl or screech but instead he heard nothing.

Steve turned to aim his flashlight at Dustin, "All right, listen, kid. I swear if this some sort of Halloween prank, you're both dead."

Jayden squinted his eyes as Steve aimed the flashlight at his face, "No, it's not.. a-" jayden tried defending as he covered his face.

Steve moved the flashlight to Dustin, "All right?"

Dustin squinted as he tried to reach for the flashlight, "It's not a prank! Get it out of our face." Dustin said quickly.

Steve pointed at the lock on the door.
"You got a key for this thing?" Dustin nodded as he handed Steve the key.

Steve unlocked the lock as he opened the heavy doors, looking into the dark empty place.

Jayden looked over Steve's shoulder as he shakily shined the flashlight in there.

Steve looked at Jayden, grabbing the flashlight, "Let me see that."

Dustin gulped as he looked in the cellar, "H-he must be further down there.." Dustin looked down at Steve, "We'll stay up here.. in case he tries to escape."

Jayden nodded as he patted Steve's shoulder, "I-if he eats you.." Steve looked up at Jayden with a disappointed face.

"Just.. scream and we'll lock the doors so he won't eat anyone else." Jayden said as he avoided eye contact with Steve.