Chapter 2 - Assholes

As we finished supper,  Sadie whispered to me, "I bet you can't make boys-next-door out of those assholes.."

I nodded, agreeing with her, then cleaned off my plate then putting it in the dishwasher. I turned back to her and said, "I'm going to take that as a challenge. I want to make boys-next-door out of those assholes,"

"Oh really?" She asked.

"Yeah. And I'm going outside to start that right now!" I said, opening the door, then walking outside and towards the four boys playing football.

"Hey!" I yelled to them, "my names Skylar. I guess you're my new neighbors,"

"Us three are. He isn't," the boy with the purple hair said, motioning to the boy with curly, dirty blonde hair.

I nodded, and flung my head forwards, combing my hair together to put it into a ponytail. The boy with the dark hair said, "so, Sky,"

"It's Skylar," I corrected, flipping my hair back behind me after getting my hair tie on.

"So, Sky," he repeated, completely ignoring my correction, "you joining us?"

"Yeah," I told him like it was obvious. It was a good thing I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, because those boys, especially the dark-haired one, were really good at soccer, and I had to do my best to keep up with them, not like I wasn't good, though.

After a few minutes, we had scored three goals, and the other team hadn't scored any. The "teams" we're the two guys that came into my house and me, then the other team was the dirty blonde, curly haired boy and the purple haired boy.

"Okay, since we won, we were the first ones to three, I want to play my own teammate. Skylar, play me."it seemed like he was challenging me.

"Oh, it's on," I accepted his challenge.

The blonde boy put the ball in the middle and he (A/N: Calum) said that he was getting the ball first. I always thought it was ladies first, but I guess not with him. He took the ball and dribbled past me. I stopped him before he could make a goal and dribbled down the field faster so that he couldn't catch me. I kicked it into his goal, giving me a point.

"It's really on now. First to three," he challenged once more.

"I'd bet money on Skylar," the blonde boy said under his breath, and the other boy hadn't heard.

The next two goals were easy for me. Yeah, the boy was good, but I was able to steal the ball from him and dribble it down the field without letting him take it. That's all that mattered. He had only scored one, and he was close to missing. I actually had him out of breath when the game was over.

He picked up the ball, saying, "I can't believe you beat me.. Nobody ever does. I demand a rematch."

"Sure. It's gonna be easy anyways. But catch your breath first.." I told him.

"I'm good," he assured me and put he ball between us.

Of course, he got the ball first again. He took it down the field and dribbled past me. I tried to take it from him, hut he tripped me and went on and scored a goal.

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

"No.. That should not count! That was clearly you tripping her," the purple haired boy mentioned.

"She got her feet tangled in mine and fell. It's not my fault," the boy defended himself.

"Fine. Let's go, finish this game up," the blonde boy rushed us.

*Calum's POV*

This time, she told me she was getting the ball first. I tried to talk her out of it, but she stood her ground, and she was not giving it up.

She dribbled it towards my goal, and I tried to get it from her. She tripped me and made a goal just like what I did.

"That's not fair! She actually tripped me!" I claimed.

"You play dirty, I can play dirty too." She looked at me, not helping me up.

"I like her..." I whispered to Michael as she pushed her loose hairs behind her ears.