Chapter 6 - Parents

When it was a little after nine, I said to Skylar, "I think my parents or at least my sister will be up now and they'll have unlocked the doors.. I think I can go home now."

"Oh okay. Could I come with you and meet your family? I mean, they are my neighbors," she said.

"Um, yeah, I think they would like that," I nodded, and she smiled.

We walked out to the front door, and I opened it for her. She walked out of her house in front of me, then I closed the door behind her. We walked across her yard to my house, and I checked the front door to see if it was open. Luckily it was, and we walked into my house. 

In the kitchen was my mum making breakfast. She turned around to see me coming up beside her and said, "Calum! I had no idea where you were! It scared me half to death!"

"I'm sorry, mum. I was outside playing football last night and when I came over, the doors were locked," I explained to her. She nodded and looked behind me to see Skylar.

"Hi, I'm Calum's mum. You can call me Joy," she smiled.

"I'm Skylar. I live right beside you guys," Skylar smiled back at my mum.

"It's nice to meet you," mum told Skylar.

"You too."

"Well, would you guys like anything to eat?" Mum asked us. 

I looked at Skylar, and she shook her head so I answered, "no thanks, mum, we already ate."

"We?" She wondered.

"Um, yeah, I stayed at Skylar's house last night since the doors were locked here. We had breakfast at her house before we came over here," I explained.

"Okay," mum said, getting herself some things on a plate.

I took Skylar into the living room where dad and Mali were. I introduced them to Skylar. My mum came into the living room, sat her plate down, and pulled me aside.

"Calum, is she your girlfriend now?" She wondered.

"Um, no.. I wish," I frowned, "but we're really good friends. She came out and played football with us last night. I challenged her, and she beat me! Twice!" 

"Oh, well, it sure seems like you are closer than 'really good friends'. I could see you two together," she told me, letting me know that she liked us two together.

"Well, we'll have to see," I smiled. 

We walked back into the living room where Skylar was talking to dad and Mali. I sat down beside Skylar, then she looked at me and smiled. I looked at mum, and she nodded. I stayed sitting really close to Slylar and she didn't seem to mind it. I stayed that way and soon I was trying to hold her hand, but I just couldn't find the right time. 

She stopped talking to my dad and Mali, and I just quickly grabbed her hand. Mum smiled at me as a large smile grew on Skylar's face.