Chapter 5 - Sleep

I had fallen asleep for a few hours until it was about one in the morning. I woke up and my back hurt a little bit. It might've been the way I was sleeping, or just the bed in general. Either way, I got up and walked out of the room. I walked past that staircase and looked to the left.

"Not the first on the left, that's my mum's bedroom. Don't go in there either," I recalled Skylar's words.

The second on the right was her room. I wonder what the first one on the right was, though. I decided to check it out.

I walked into the room, and it ended up being another bathroom. It was Skylar's own bathroom since there was another door connecting the bathroom to Skylar's room. I walked out of that bathroom and closed the door.

I kept walking forward until I saw another door on my right, which was Skylar's room. I opened the door, walked in, and closed the door quietly. Skylar was laying on more of left side of her bed, so I got onto the right side of her bed and laid next to her. I fell asleep, cuddled up to her.

---

*Skylar's POV*

I woke up and felt something next to me. Something was touching my back. I had no idea what it was, so I turned around to see it was a person. I opened my eyes a little clearer to notice that it was Calum. I jumped out of the bed, and lifted the side of the mattress so he would roll off of the bed.

There was a thump, and I set the mattress back down. I heard a mumble, and Calum got up. He looked at me and his eyes widened, noticing what had happened.

"What is going on!?" He asked me, whispering.

"I don't know. How about I ask the one who came into my room in the middle of the night and laid down next to me?"

"I must've been sleepwalking.. I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Fine.. It's fine. It's just weird to be sleeping in the same bed with some boy I just met yesterday and who was an ass to me yesterday," I pointed out. I was comfortable when he was next to me though. I also felt safe. I think that's the best I've ever slept.

"I didn't mean to be an ass. If you haven't noticed, that's just my way of flirting," he smirked.

"That's good to know," I looked at him, then looked down and bit my lip in the awkward silence.

"Do you want breakfast?" I wondered.

"Um, sure," he agreed.

"You're welcome to anything in the fridge and anything in the cupboards," I explained, walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

"The cereal is in there, the milk is on the top shelf of the fridge. There are some toaster waffles and pancakes in the freezer if you'd like also," I showed him where everything was.

"Okay. Thanks," he smiled. He got out two toaster pancakes and put them in the toaster. I made eggs for myself while his pancakes were in the toaster.

I finished making my eggs. His toaster pancakes were up, and he had buttered them and put syrup on them. He followed me into the living room. I sat on one side of the couch and he sat on the other.

*Calum's POV*

"After you're finished, do you think you'll be able to get into your house?" She asked.

"Um, I don't know. What time is it?"

"About eight," she answered.

"Um, I don't know. I probably won't be able to get in until nine. If it's alright, can I stay here until then?"

"Yeah. That's fine. Just don't say anything to my mum about you staying over, especially about the sleeping situation..."

"I won't." I looked down at my pancakes and took the last small bite, then sat my plate on the coffee table, waiting for Skylar to be finished. I was watching her and she looked over at me.

"What do you want?" She wondered because I was staring at her.

"Oh, nothing.. Sorry," I said. She was just so beautiful.