Chapter 19 - Calum's a Daddy

I decided to call Calum then. I didn't know if he would answer or not, but I would try. I dialed his number and waited for him to answer. It would only be about eight there. He wouldn't be sleeping yet, but he didn't answer. I wondered why. Maybe he was out with the boys. Maybe he was meeting up with his manager or One Direction and discussing the tour. I didn't mind. I could tell him I was pregnant later.

But in reality, I did care. This was important. I needed him. I needed to talk to him about this and discuss this. I had called his phone at least five times. I left messages that said things like: "hey babe. Whenever you get this, I need you to call me. This is really important. I hope you're able to call soon. Love you baby, bye."

After the fifth call and message, I was worried. I had waited about fifteen minutes between each call. I decided to call Ashton to see if he knew where Calum was. On the first ring, he answered.

"Skylar? Is something wrong? What's going on? You never call me.." He was worried about me since I never call him.

"No, nothing is really wrong, but I just can't get ahold of Calum. I need to tell him something.. It's really important."

"Would it be something that I would be able to forward to him?"

"Uh, no.. It's sort of personal. Sorry Ashton."

"Oh, that's alright. Just try to Skype him. Maybe his cell phone died."

"Okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome.. Bye," he hung up, and I got out my laptop. I turned he light on in my room so I would be able to see the keyboard and that Calum would be able to see me when I Skype him.

When I clicked on his name, I waited for a few seconds. Finally, he answered and I saw his face after he turned on a lamp in his room.

"Hey Sky... What's going on? It's only six in he morning there!"

"I know. But, this morning, about an hour after you called, I threw up."

"Oh. Baby, I'm sorry. I wish I could be there with you. I hate it when you're sick."

"Well, the thing is.. I'm not actually sick."

"Why would you be throwing up if you weren't sick- oh. Wait a minute.. Y-you couldn't be! We never, you know.. But we used a condom!"

"I know. I have no idea, but maybe there was a hole in the condom? That's the only explanation I could think of.."

"Yeah. That must've been what happened. Because you never cheated on me, right?"

"I would never!" I exclaimed and looked at a relieved Calum.

"Okay. Well, what are our parents going to say?"

"My mum is going to kill me, then you."

"Maybe she won't since your dad came around. Maybe she won't be as mad. I think she just didn't want me to leave you like your dad did, if you ever got pregnant."

"Maybe. But I just want to keep it from her as long as possible. And, you can tell the boys. Just make sure they won't tell anyone, especially our parents. Because even if we tell your parents, they will want to talk to my parents about it. Don't say anything to anyone but the boys and the One Direction boys. Maybe Adam if it ever comes up, but nobody else. Okay?"

"Got it. Well, I'm sort of excited yet nervous.."

"Me too. I think it's cool to have a baby but having a baby is hard work. And it costs a lot of money. My mum has told me many stories."

"I bet. Okay, I'll talk to you later, babe."

"Okay, bye," I said right before I hung up.

I was so relieved to have talked to Calum about it. I put my computer away and slept for a little longer. I was so nervous about becoming a mum. I didn't know what to expect.