Chapter 15 - Sleeping Arrangements

"What's the matter, mum?" Calum asked.

"You didn't come home last night and didn't ask permission to stay somewhere else!" She scolded.

"I'm sorry, mum, but I just wanted to stay over at Skylar's. I think I have the right to do that," Calum fought back.

"You two aren't even dating, are you?" 

"Actually, yes we are. I asked her out last night," Calum informed her, and I mumbled, "and I made it interesting.."

He quietly laughed a little, hearing what I said. Joy didn't look too happy, though. She might've heard what I said.

"Excuse me?" She looked at me. She had heard what I said.

"It was just that Mali had told me he was coming over, and she wanted me to make it interesting, so I did.." I stopped there so she would ask me how. That would give me a minute to think.

"How exactly did you make it interesting?" She asked, like I thought she would.

"All I did was scare him. It was funny..." I laughed and lied, but I lied well.

"Oh," Joy said, defeated, "well, I'm sorry, Calum, but I still don't think it's right for you two to be sleeping together when you've only been dating for a few hours. Also, you're only fifteen."

"I'm going to be sixteen," Calum reminded her.

"Yes, but how old are you, Skylar?" 

"Fifteen," I told her.

"See, Calum. You're both fifteen, and like I said, you two shouldn't be sleeping together," she repeated.

"I'm sorry, mum. We won't," he informed her and looked at me. By the look on his face, I knew he was thinking of something.

"Okay. That's good," Joy smiled, "but I do like you two as a couple."

"Thanks mum," Calum smiled back at her, then at me.

———

Later, when we were in his room, Calum, who was lying on his bed beside me, looked over at me and said, "Just because my mum doesn't want us sleeping together, doesn't mean we won't.."

"What do you mean?" I asked, interested. 

"Babe, why are there windows? I can sneak out, then wake up early and come back over here. My mum will never know," he whispered in case his mum was outside the door.

"Great idea," I pecked his lips. I was satisfied.

"Do you know how much I love you, Cal?" I asked him, looking at him.

"I don't think that's possible," he smirked.

"Exactly," I whispered, placing my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating. I loved it, and I love him.