Chapter 18 - Pregnant?!

February 20, 2013

The day had come for Calum and the boys to leave. I was a wreck that morning. We had driven them to the airport, and I broke down crying many times.

"Why do you have to go?" I cried into Calum's chest.

"I don't have to if you don't want me to," he whispered back.

"Don't worry, I want you to," I assured him, "go live your dream."

"But you're part of my dream too," he hugged me tighter.

"I know, babe.. I know," I looked up at him, "And you're part of mine. I'll miss you so much, but call as often as you can."

"I will, I promise.." He said that right before the last call for his flight was made. He pecked me on the lips quickly then went towards his plane.

Driving home was worse than driving to the airport. I cried the whole time, making it harder to drive. I was going to miss him too much. I couldn't take it. 

When I got home, I cried for so long. I was just up in my room, lying on my bed. Dad (yes, my mum and dad were dating now) came up to comfort me a few times, mum did also.

I had fallen asleep at about nine in the morning, then got up at three in the afternoon, so I slept six hours. When I woke up, I immediately remembered the morning and that Calum had already left. I cried for a lot longer. I didn't want him to go, but I wanted him to follow his dreams. 

I needed him to call me as soon as he got off of the plane. I sent him a text for him to get when he got off. It said, "please call me when you get off the plane. Love you."

I knew that he wouldn't be off of the plane for another long while, but I couldn't wait until he called. It hadn't been long since he left, and I already missed his voice. This was torture.

———

The next morning at three in the morning, I got a call. It was Calum, so I immediately picked up.

"Hello?" I answered the phone sleepily but excited to hear his voice.

"Babe.. Did I wake you?" He asked.

"Yeah, but don't worry. I just want to hear your voice. It hasn't even been twenty-four hours and I miss you."

"I miss you so much too."

"I'm glad you got there safely."

"Yeah," he answered and paused, "What time is it there?" He wondered.

"About three in the morning. What about there?"

"It's about six in the evening. But I have jet lag so bad. I slept so much on the plane."

"Yeah, I bet. It was a long flight."

"Well, babe, I have to get going. I won't have cell reception soon. I'll talk to you soon. Call whenever. I'll try to answer whenever I'm allowed time."

"Okay.. Talk to you later, babe."

"Bye," he hung up. 

I sat my phone down on the end table and laid back down. I loved talking to Calum. I had missed his voice. I wanted to talk to him more, but we will later. I couldn't wait for that. I was so glad I got to talk to him.

An hour later, I woke up with pain in my stomach and a feeling that felt like I had to throw up. I quickly ran into my bathroom and ended up throwing up. I was worried about what was going on. I mean, yes, Calum and I did have sex about a week ago, but we used a condom. And yes, my period was late so I had some suspicions. But being sick in the morning? That pretty much confirmed it. 

I snuck downstairs and got into my car. As quietly as I could, I started my car and left. I drove all the way to the drug store at four in the morning. I bought two pregnancy tests there and couldn't wait to take them. I hoped they would confirm that I wasn't pregnant.

When I got home, it was a little past four thirty. I took the tests and waited in my room for the five minutes. As many women say, that was the longest five minutes of my life. 

After I checked the tests, I almost broke down crying. My mum was going to kill me, then she was going to kill Calum. I couldn't tell her. I wasn't going to. But she was going to find out sometime. I'll want to hide it from her as long as I can. 

One thing I wasn't sure of was that we had used a condom when we did have sex. Maybe there was a tiny hole in the condom. There would've had to have been, because they weren't expired. 

How will I tell Calum, though? He said to call whenever, but he'd answer when he was allowed time. I didn't know when he was allowed time. I had no idea how to break it to him though.