Chapter 7 - Girlfriend

Once Skylar left, Mali started talking to me about her. She seemed to like Skylar. I was glad, because I do too.

"Skylar seems really nice. She's really pretty too. I can see you too together," Mali told me.

"Yeah. I like her. I think she likes me too. But we're not officially together, though. I'm going to ask her out sometime."

"Yeah, sometime soon. You better."

"And I want to tell you something that you can't tell mum or dad, okay?"

"Okay. What is it?"

"Last night, I got up in the middle of the night and went over into Skylar's room, then got into her bed and slept with her, like, slept next to her."

"Really? She let you do that? And you two aren't dating?"

"She didn't let me. She didn't realize until she woke up, and when she did find out, she thought I slept-walked over to her room."

"What!?" She seemed mad, "Nice going, Cal!"

"What?"

"I said nice going! She seems like she would be a good girl for you. I would like you two together."

"I would too. I loved sleeping next to her. I want to do that more often. I cuddled up next to her, and she made me so happy."

"Awe, Calum has a crush!"

"Yeah, a crush and soon-to-be girlfriend," I told her.

"She better be!" I was glad Mali approved of us together. It's good that my family likes the girl I'm into.

"I'm going to go over this evening."

"Tell me how it turns out!"

"I will!" I yelled down the stairs to Mali while walking up to my room.

The afternoon was spent in my room, thinking about how and what I was going to say to Skylar. I didn't want to mess up while asking her to go out with me. I didn't want her to think I was weird. She already thinks I'm sort of an asshole.

———

"See ya, Mali. I'll be back!" I said to Mali as I was leaving to talk to Skylar. She smiled at me and told me, "good luck!"

"Thanks!" I walked out the door, just walking on the sidewalk to next door, Skylar's house. 

I knocked on the door, and someone quickly came to the door. It was Skylar's twin. Sadie, I think it was. I can tell them apart because of their actions and somewhat because of their looks. I can totally tell this isn't Skylar.

"Could I see Skylar please?" I asked her.

"Um, yeah, sure. Do you want to go up to her room or do you want me to get her down here?" She wondered.

"I'll go up. I remember where her room is," I told Sadie as she welcomed me in. 

I walked up to Skylar's room. It was the second on the right after turning left at the top of the stairs. I opened the door, and there was Skylar, standing there with no shirt on. She was changing. She's always changing when I come.

"I'm sorry!" I said, closing the door.

"Oh, it's alright.." She said, opening the door back up and inviting me in.

"What?" I was confused.

"Calum, we both know that we like each other. It's obvious," she stated.

"It is?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Of course," she placed herself on top of me.

"Skylar, I mean, I like you, but we're not even dating. We shouldn't me doing this," I rambled. She looked at me and just laughed. I was so confused.