Friday Night Bites

Artemis's pov:

I was walking with Elena and Bonnie as I told them about my kiss with Stefan. Bonnie just looked at me before saying "just take it slow and be careful alright."

"Of course I will Bonnie," I spoke reassuring her. "By the way, can we talk after school?" She nodded as we split up and headed to class. I was going to tell her that I was a witch and about my history. She had a right to know absolutely everything and not to be left in the dark plus I always liked her more than I liked Elena so I would gladly do whatever it took to protect her from getting hurt.

We continued walking before we were stopped by Stefan jumping in front of us "morning Elena, morning Bonnie" He stopped and looked me in the eyes making me melt. "Morning Artemis."

I smiled at him before saying "good morning Stefan" and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Bonnie then spoke "I'm gonna go find Caroline, she hasn't been answering her phone." I nodded as she headed off with Elena.

Stefan and I watched them go before he turned to me "Bonnie doesn't like me very much."

I sighed "she doesn't know you. She's just my friend and looking out for me but once she opens up she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet."

We started walking again before I said "are you free tonight."

Stefan stopped and looked at me "yes."

"Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00." I spoke "you, me, Elena and Bonnie that way they can both spend some time getting to know you." He chuckled at that before I saw a football coming from behind him and was about to say something but was stunned when he turned around just in time to catch it. He then tossed a perfect spiral back to Tyler which had me and almost everyone else stunned.

We were walking in the school's hallway "that was insane. I had no idea that you played football."

He nodded "I used to. It was a long time ago." I nodded as we headed into the most hated class with the most hated teacher that was Mr. Tanner. Stefan and I sat next to each other with Elena behind him and Bonnie behind me. I kept seeing these three numbers 8,14,22 but I had no idea what they were for.

Mr. Tanner suddenly asked "when was Pearl Harbor, Ms. Roman"

I looked up from drawing the numbers stunned before Stefan jumped in "December 7th, 1941"

I sat back and smiled at him before Tanner spoke "thank you Ms. Roman."

Stefan chuckled "any time"

"Very well" Tanner spoke and I had a bad feeling about this knowing that he still wasn't over Stefan showing him up the first time. "The fall of the Berlin Wall."

"1989" Stefan responded. "I'm good with dates, sir."

Tanner nodded "Are you? How good? Keep it to the year." Stefan nodded in response "Civil Rights Act"

"1964."

"John F Kennedy Assassination."

"1963."

"Martin Luther King."

"68."

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe vs. Wade."

"1973." I looked at Stefan stunned as he just kept going not even the slightest bit intimidated by Tanner who was moving closer to him.

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954."

"The Battle of Gettysburg."