History Repeating

Mystic Falls High School:

Artemis's pov:

I was sitting in class with Stefan, Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie when a man walked in, he had blonde hair, was surprisingly short, and had green eyes. All of us women were looking at him stunned and honestly thinking that he was hot. I thought he was good looking but I felt like something was off with him. I felt someone nudge me and noticed that it was Stefan who seemed to have this glare in his eyes when he looked at me.

I realized that he seemed jealous which made me smirk a bit as the new teacher spoke "my name is Alaric Saltzman, it's long I know." Most of us chuckled as I felt Stefan slip his hand into mine and squeeze. After class Bonnie, Elena and I headed to the hallway where Bonnie described a dream with Emily who showed up. I looked back at Stefan who I knew was listening and saw that his eyes had widened.

After Bonnie had told us that Damon had gone after her for the amulet, I walked over to Stefan. "Why would Damon want the amulet?"

Stefan sighed "it belonged to Emily Bennett who because of her race had to pose as Katherine's servant but was actually her friend." I nodded as Stefan talked "I don't know why Damon would want it, I'll look into it."

I nodded "if Damon wants that to let Katherine out or get her back then we need to figure out what else it does." Stefan nodded before kissing me and heading off to the boarding house to find out why the hell Damon wants the amulet so bad.

⚜️✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ☪️ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎⚜️

Gilbert Residence:

I got off the phone with Stefan before returning to Elena and Bonnie who were talking, when the doorbell rang. Elena opened the door and I almost audibly gasped at Caroline who walked in knowing that this could possibly be world war 3 if we weren't careful. Caroline walked in to the room and asked for the necklace. Bonnie looked at her "I threw it away."

Caroline gasped before finding the necklace in Bonnie's bag and I swear I saw Caroline turn bright red which I knew could never be a good thing. Caroline then suggested we do a seance which we all agreed with for some reason. All four of us sat around each other as Bonnie called for Emily. For some reason we all thought that it didn't work and wouldn't work until the candles flared and the wind picked up.

Bonnie went stock still and I looked at her confused before asking "Bonnie, are you alright?"

"I can't allow him to get it," Bonnie spoke but it didn't sound like her. It sounded like Emily. She got up and headed out the door causing all three of us to look at each other.

I pulled out my phone and called Stefan "Emily has possessed Bonnie and she's heading to the church. I'm going after her." I hung up the phone ignoring Stefan's protests before heading out following Bonnie through the woods.

⚜️✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ☪️ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎⚜️

Mystic Falls High School:

Stefan's pov:

I was currently playing football with Damon trying to get him to speak about why he wanted the amulet. Damon finally just looked at me "what do you want?"

"Why do you want the amulet Damon?" I looked at him seriously.

"I want it to release Katherine."

I snorted "Katherine's dead." I chuckled a little thinking that he was crazy before looking at him and noticing the serious look on his face. "Isn't she?"

Damon looked at me and sighed "there's a tomb underneath the church. The spell sealed Katherine in that tomb, protecting her."

I gasped and my jaw dropped as I tried to process what he was trying to tell me. "Are you telling me that Katherine's alive?"

Damon just nodded making me face palm before hearing my phone ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and read the name which was Artemis before answering. I barely said hello before hearing that Emily had possessed Bonnie and was heading to the church. I looked at Damon with wide eyes "don't go after her Ari please."

"I have to. Bonnie is my friend."

I sighed "I'll be right there. Please be careful." She hung up and I raced off to the old Fell church knowing that Damon was following me.

⚜️✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ☪️ ⚜️ ✴︎ ⚜️ ✴︎⚜️

Old Fell Church:

We stopped dead where the old Fell church stood and I saw Bonnie standing in a circle with the orange amulet that Damon wanted. I took a quick scope of the area and noticed both Artemis and Elena standing there. Ari was holding her hands up like she was ready to use some magic but I shook my head telling her to hold on.

Damon looked at Bonnie "hello Emily, you look different."

She looked at him "I won't let you do it."

Damon glared at her "we had a deal."

"Things are different now," Emily spoke and I was not surprised at the glare she was leveling Damon with "I have to protect my family."

I jumped in still confused "hold on, what deal is he talking about?"

"Damon wanted me to save Katherine," Emily spoke not moving her gaze from Damon.

"Save Katherine?" I looked between them "Emily, what did you have to do?"

She sighed "in order to save her, I had to save them."

It thought about it but I heard a gasp and looked to Artemis who had figured it out "you saved everyone in the church that night."

I looked at Emily for confirmation but she spoke not moving her gaze from my brother "your girlfriend is right Stefan. I saved all 27 vampires in the tomb in order to save Katherine."

I looked at Damon with disgust and anger "what the hell Damon? We set them free everyone in this town will die."

"They killed twenty-seven people and they called it a war penalty!" Damon yelled at me and I knew then there was no talking him out of it. "They deserve whatever they get!"

"You have got to be kidding me!" Someone spoke but it wasn't me or Emily. I turned to see Artemis fuming at him. "Seriously, do you have a brain? What exactly do you think is going to happen if you release them? I'll tell you it will be a bloodbath. Damon for god sake Katherine was a bitch who played you and spent her entire life lying and manipulating other people. I'll bet you that you and Stefan are not the first ones."

Damon was looking at her speechless before going to say something but she just cut him off "for the love of everything supernatural it's been over a hundred years since you dated Katherine. I don't know whether to call your devotion and love for her incredibly sweet or pathetic. Like my god Damon, you destroyed your relationship with your brother; someone that would have done anything for you for a girl that never cared about you." I stood there stunned watching as my girlfriend absolutely dismantled Damon while defending me.

I heard someone snort and turned to see Emily who was laughing at Artemis's speech. She turned to me for the first time "keep her, I like her." I nodded in agreement before she pulled out the amulet and held it out. Damon looked scared as he watched, he moved forward but was too late. Emily dropped the amulet and we all watched as it burst into flames on the ground.

I noticed the second Emily left Bonnie but Damon was so upset at Emily that he attacked Bonnie biting her. Damon was thrown back by Ari who had reacted pretty fast as I sped to Bonnie and healed her with my blood. Elena decided that she was going to tell Bonnie everything as Ari came back to the boarding house with me.