162 Candles

Salvatore Boarding House:

Stefan's pov:

I was sitting in my room and reading a book thinking about Ari and trying not to think about the fact that today was my birthday which I hated to celebrate because it reminded me of bad times. I suddenly had the feeling that I was being watched before I rose and looked around only to see absolutely nothing. I sighed and turned to head back to my book before stopping dead in my tracks as I saw Lexi sitting there on my bed.

I must of kept staring at her because she chuckled a bit "well, are you going to come give me a hug?"

I wasted no more time and immediately hugged her glad that she was here. " Not that I'm not glad to see you but what are you doing here?"

Lexi hugged me back and I smiled at the scent of her perfume "how could you even ask that?""I missed you." I spoke to her as I sighed breaking from the hug. "Happy Birthday." I smiled before we both laid on my bed and continued to talk "stop. I don't know, some freak shot at me with wooden bullets. I bail in under sixty. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?"

I sighed "I don't know who knows about us. That guy did. There could be others. Do me a favor, while you're here, please be careful."

Lexi looked at me confused "why stay? I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the Garden. "Wanted dead or alive", it's our theme song. It'll be a blast. Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here?"

"Lex I told you, her name is Artemis."

Lexi sighs accepting defeat "let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over." She then held up a photo of Katherine making me take it from her.

I looked at her as I put the picture back "Ari is nothing like Katherine."

Lexi looked at me "have you and Ari had sex." I looked at her a little annoyed as she shrugged. "Sex always works. I mean you'll rock her world so hard with your vamp sex, she'll be yours forever."

I chuckled as she Lexi opened her suitcase, and picked up a blood bag and takes a sip. She looked at me showing me the blood bag "want some?"

I shook my head like usual "No. Thank you."

Lexi caught my hesitance "relax I didn't kill anyone for it. This phlebotomist I went out with a few times, he's my supplier. " She saw my expression which was more apprehensive than anything. "Oh don't judge, ok? Listen I tried the animal diet; lasted three weeks."

I sighed because I hated talking about this "it doesn't matter. Cause if I started again...I just don't know if..."

"You could stop." Once again Lexi interrupted me and I smiled because she knew me so well..

"Lexi, I'd never judge you."

She nodded "I know, I'm just jealous of your restraint. I have none. I delight in hedonism. Speaking of which, what are we doing tonight?"

I groaned as Damon entered the room "funny you should ask. There's a party at the grill. You'll love it. Banquettes, Tacky wait staff, All of Stefan's friends. It's a party party. No one's gonna know it's your birthday. Caroline's throwing it. It's important for the town to see us out and about like normal folk. We need to blend."

Damon left and me and Lexi just looked at each other wondering what in the name of god was up with Damon. Lexi had just gotten out of the shower "I'm almost ready."

I rolled my eyes "I can't believe you actually think that we should go to this thing."

"It's not like I'm asking you to run outside midday without your ring. I mean, seriously, it's a party."