CHAPTER 5

Y/N

So, we decided to go to the river nearby and catch some fish. Yeah, we're on a picnic. I brought a blanket with me and Wanda brought foods and drinks. We don't have anything else to do since I don't have a TV. And I think she's getting bored, though she's not admitting it.

"Hey buddy, why don't we have a competition? The one who catches fish the most will be treated like a princess for a day."

I looked at her wiggling my eyebrows. She giggled at my childishness and, well to my surprise, she agreed. I teleported myself back to the cabin to grab my crossbow and some arrows before going back to our picnic sight.

"You know you can just use your powers, right?"

I shook my head.

"I refuse. I prefer using weapons. Makes me feel more human."

It's true. I never wanted to be born a mutant.

"Are you sure you can win with that?"

"If you're forgetting, miss Maximoff, I was trained by Hawkeye himself. Don't underestimate my precision, buddy."

I gave her a smirk and she just shook her head.

Well, let the battle begin.

Okay. So I ended up letting her win, because why not? We also ended up letting the fishes that Wanda caught go since they're still alive and uninjured while mine, well there's no way they'll survive being pierced by my arrows.

"I told you. You can't win against me."

God, that accent still kicks me.

"Yeah, yeah. How can a mere mutant like me win against the Scarlet Witch herself, right? Anyway, let's cook some of the fish now."

"Keep some, I'll use them for lunch tomorrow."

"Yes, I'll keep some but no, you won't be cooking tomorrow."

"Why not?"

"You're gonna be my princess tomorrow, remember?"

She laughed shaking her head and it kinda pissed me. I think she thought I was just joking about the competition thingy I said. I don't know but sometimes, I wanna strangle her to death.

"Sorry, I didn't thought you were serious."

And she continued laughing. I swear, if she isn't important to me, I'll burn her to ash.

I stood up to get some wood to use for our bonfire. Wanda stopped laughing and asked, "Hey I'm sorry. Where are you going?" I turned around to look at her with a blank expression. Special thanks to Nat for teaching me how to hide my emotions.

"I'm leaving. It doesn't seem like you like my company anyway."

I then turned my back at her, trying my best to stop myself from laughing at her expression. I felt her hand grab my arm. Again, I turned to face her but this time, I burst out into laughter. She slapped my arm a little bit too hard. Well, I deserve that. I stopped laughing after seeing her expression. It was something I couldn't explain. She looked like she was scared, pissed, relieved, I don't know. But I'm sure she's having mixed emotions right now. Why though?