CHAPTER 11

NARRATOR

"Can't sleep?" Maria asked, seeing Wanda sitting on the couch in the living area in the middle of the night. Wanda nodded and took a sip from the cup of tea she's holding. Maria sat beside the younger woman. "You too?" Maria shook her head before saying, "I'm used to sleeping for just a few hours, so it's pretty surprising if I'm already asleep at this hour." Wanda nodded, muttering "agent things", making Maria giggle.

"I've been meaning to ask something." Wanda ushered Maria to go on with her question. "What caused you to act like how you acted this morning? I kind of also noticed how spaced out you were." Wanda didn't answer and started playing with her rings.

"Was it about Y/N and Carol?" Wanda snapped her head to Maria's direction. "W-what do you mean?" Maria just shrugged. "I actually don't know..." Maria just nodded, waiting for Wanda to continue.

"It's selfish, isn't it? I know she just wanna be friends with Danvers but..."

"But?"

"I don't know."

"If you like my cuddle bear, just tell her," Maria said with a smile.

"Cuddle bear?"

"I've been with the kid since she was 10 and being the traumatized kid she was, she loves cuddles. So I started calling her cuddle bear, she hates it though." Both of them giggled.

"So, do you like her?" Wanda paused for a few seconds before answering, "I don't know." Maria nodded as if expecting that answer from the witch. "Take your time in understanding what you truly feel for Y/N." Maria patted Wanda's knee before standing up and walked to her room. Wanda took the cup of lukewarm tea with her as she went to her room and tried to sleep.

Y/N

I woke up the next day feeling really great. I don't know why... well probably because I had a good sleep. I looked at my clock and saw that it's almost 8 in the morning so I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face before making my way down to eat my breakfast.

As I was walking down the stairs, I saw Wanda watching something on the couch with her cup of tea. I just also noticed the ball of thorns beside Perry (my cactus) on the coffee table in front of Minty.

"Good morning, Wands."

"Morning."

She flashed me a smile which I reciprocated and went to the kitchen to get myself breakfast. I realized I haven't seen Maria yet, which is weird. I'm pretty sure she's already awake for hours now.

After eating and washing the dishes I used, I went to the living area with a cup of coffee I prepared and sat on one of the couches.

"Where's Maria?"

"Hmm? Oh, she said she was going to go get some groceries."

As I was about to speak, the communication device Carol gave me started beeping. It was like a watch so I'm always wearing it. Always, except when I'm taking a bath or going to sleep.

"I pressed a button to answer the call and Carol's face popped up like a hologram. It's like Facetime but a lot more advanced. "Carol!" I practically screamed out of excitement.