Chapter 12

NARRATOR

"So, so, can I take a mission now?" Y/n kept on pestering Maria about getting a mission. "I still don't understand why Fury gave you those... things," Maria, who's now helping Wanda in the kitchen said.

"Come on, Maria. Pleaaaaase. Just one. Just one mission."

"Wanda?"

"Wha- why are you asking me?" Wanda was pretty confused and Y/n showed her the best puppy eyes she could muster. "You should be the one to decide, Maria. I've got nothing to do with this." Maria leaned in closer to Wanda, but she kept her eyes on Y/n. "She'll listen to you, that's why I'm asking you." Y/n raised an eyebrow at Maria who's smirking weirdly. Wanda on the other hand shot Maria a confused look.

Wanda glanced between Maria and Y/n a few times before whispering, "Why would she listen to me?"

"Just trust me."

Maria cleared her throat and asked, "So, do you wanna let her go on her assasination mission or not?"

"Me?" Maria nodded. She's still smirking at the now wide eyed Y/n. "If you ask me, the I personally don't want her to." Wanda paused for a bit before turning to face Y/n. "Look, I've seen how beat up you usually are after those mission of yours. And after what happened, I'm pretty sure S.W.O.R.D.'s out there looking for you. For us."

"But I'll be wearing a mask."

Wanda's concerned expression turned blank which caused Y/n to tense up. "Right. Safety first. You guys win." Wanda nodded and went back to cooking.

Y/n left the kitchen and went to the living room to watch something since the two older women won't let her get out and 'play'. "Damn it," she mumbled. Her eyes caught the sight of the plant (the cactus) on the coffee table and took it in her hands. "Why is your mommy so stubborn?" She chuckled. "I look crazy talking to this ball of thorns. If only I had the ability to talk to plants." She placed the plant back on its former position, and took a deep breath.

Meanwhile, the other two in the kitchen kept talking with each other. "Told you she'll listen to you."

"Why were you so sure that she would?" Maria shrugged, leaning on the counter and crossing her arms. "Probably because of your relationship status with her." Wanda blushed and Hill tried her best not to laugh at the Sokovian's reaction. "W-what do you mean?"

"Well, as you may have already noticed, Fury is like the father who always supports his child in everything. On the other hand, I'm the mother who's pretty strict, especially with safety. And y-"

"Wait, mother?"

"Don't tell me you thought I'm her girlfriend," Maria snorted, while Wanda just nodded.

"You said you have something going on with Y/n."

"Yeah. And it's not something romantic."

Wanda was dumbfounded at how clueless she was. Maybe that's why she couldn't get jealous over Maria and Y/n's relationship.

"Can I continue now?" Maria asked. Wanda nodded.

"As I was saying, Fury's like the father, I'm the mother, and you... you're the kind of friend that she would listen to more than her own parents. You know what I mean?" Wanda nodded. "She could and would defy Romanoff, but not you. Never you." Wanda tried to stop the silly grin that's trying to make itself present on her face.