Chapter 17

"I love you, Wanda. I will always do..."

Y/n went limp on Wanda's arms. Wanda was too shocked at the events that just happened and unconsciously killed the man who shot Y/n. The man slowly bent backwards until the sound of bones cracking and the voice of a man screaming in pain filled the room. The man fell lifeless on the floor in a weird position.

Wanda pulled Y/n closer to her, trying g her best to stop the bleeding. "Y/n, stay with me," she mumbled over and over again as Y/n's breathing started to get labored. Hayward on the other hand just stared at the two women with a smug smirk, seeming like he's enjoying the scene.

Moments later, Fury and Maria finally arrived; the latter rushing to where Wanda and Y/n were. Tears started to fill her eyes after seeing the blood soaked cloak that Wanda created. "Nick, we have to hurry!" Maria called out. Without hesitation, Fury shot Hayward's head twice, making sure he's dead.

Fury hurriedly but carefully carried Y/n to the jet, with Maria and Wanda following behind. The older woman tried her best to snap Wanda out of her own mind because she knows how dangerous that is not just for the Sokovian herself, but also for everyone around.

Luckily, Carol arrived and flew the unresponsive Wanda to the jet; Wanda didn't even protest. Maria took the pilot's seat and immediately drove the jet to space, but despite its speed, it's still wasn't enough as Y/n's loosing too much blood by the second. So, Carol decided to help out. Pushing the jet, she flew as fast as she could to the Skrull aircraft that they'll be staying in until Y/n recovered from all her injuries.

Y/n was immediately brought to the operating room the moment they touched down to take the bullet out and tend to her other injuries. Wanda was still unresponsive, and mutters something they couldn't understand over and over again. It's worrying Maria so much, but no matter what she does, Wanda isn't responding. Fury was silent, waiting outside the operating laboratory. Carol was inside the lab, watching with tears in her eyes. Maria was sitting beside Wanda in a separate room, keeping her company.

Maria cleaned Wanda's hands of blood. After miming sure that the Sokovian isn't injured, Maria knelt in front of Wanda, holding her hands. "Hey Wanda, look at me." Wanda hesitated but still looked at the ocean blue eyes of the older woman. "They're doing their best to save her, okay?"

"It's my fault... It is all my fault..." Wanda cried.

Maria squeezed her hands and said, "It's not your fault. Y/n would hate it if you kept on blaming yourself for what happened."

"But it should have been me... I-I... That bullet... I should have..." Wanda sobbed, failing to form any complete sentences.

After an hour, Y/n was moved to a medical room, with complete equipments. She's under life support at the time being. Fury them told Maria that Y/n's currently stable. That finally stopped Wanda from crying and they all quickly went to Y/n's current room. Carol was already there, watching Y/n closely, as if she was scared that something bad might happen if no one's there to watch over her.

"Y/n..." Wanda slowly made her way to the girl, anger again rose within her after seeing Y/n's battered face and bruised up skin.

"Damn, they really beat her up," Maria murmured calmly, but Wanda could feel the rage building inside the older woman. Fury couldn't even looked at the poor woman, he was her father figure after all.

"Even her body's cover in wounds and bruises," the Sokovian whispered, trying not to cry again.

"They took some blood samples from her. They're going to see if her blood's clean or if there's some kind of infection since some her wounds do seem infected. And also if that bullet was an ordinary one or not. Without those results, we're not completely sure whether she's really safe or not," Carol explained.