CHAPTER 8

NARRATOR

"Y/N, do you really think this is a good idea?"

Wanda asked Y/N who is now preparing to go. She gave Wanda a mask to hide half of her face and a cap.

"If things went shit, I can just teleport us to a safer place."

Wanda seems to still not be convinced by Y/N's reason.

"Look, I just want to bring you out of this place for a bit. So, come on."

Y/N offered her hand to Wanda which she hesitantly took. They went out of the cabin before Y/N teleported both of them to the city.

After arriving in an empty alleyway, Y/N started to lead the way out. Wanda never let go of Y/N's hand and would occasionally grip it tighter when someone would look in her eyes. Y/N would then rub the pad of her thumb on Wanda's hand to assure her that everything's gonna be alright.

They ended up walking to the park and sat on one of the benches, and stared at people going on with their lives.

"I'll just go get us something to eat and drink."

Wanda grabbed Y/N's hand before she could even take a step.

"What's wrong?"

Y/N looked at Wanda who just gripped her hand tighter.

"Wanna come with me then?"

Wanda stood up and walked with Y/N, never letting go of her hand. Poor Wanda is scared of what people might think if they see her. Her head stayed low, making sure no one would see her face.

"Ice cream?" Y/N asked, causing Wanda to snap her head up.

"You finally looked up."

Y/N looked at Wanda with a smile, and wrapped her right arm on Wanda's shoulder.

"Relax, I'm with you."

Wanda's tensed shoulders finally relaxed. Y/N bought ice cream for the both of them and started walking while eating.

"What are we gonna do next?"

Y/N thought for a bit before checking her watch.

"Let's go get something for lunch and find a safe place where we can eat without people seeing you, then I'm gonna introduce you to someone."

"Introduce me to someone? Is that safe? What if they know who I am? What if–"

"Wanda, as long as you have me, you're safe. Okay? No one's gonna take you. I won't let anyone even touch you," Y/N assured her.

Wanda took a deep breath and nodded. She really does feel safe with Y/N around.

They bought their lunch first, then Y/N brought Wanda to the place where Y/N usually hides whenever she's got a mission. It's safe, and has a good view of the city.

After eating, they stayed for a bit longer before deciding to leave and go to their next destination. Wanda started to fidget with her rings on the way to the store.