Chapter 13

WANDA

After what happened yesterday, Maria ended up spending the night with me on the couch. We talked a lot, but it was mostly Maria teasing me about how Y/n and I looked like a cute couple.

Last Night

"Hey Maximoff," Maria greeted, taking me out of the daze I was in. "Hey," I greeted back.

I was sitting on the couch drinking tea to help me sleep, and was completely on a daze until Maria came. She sat beside me with a huff. Silence enveloped us for a while but Maria broke it after a few moments.

"You two looked really cute together, you know?" She said, a matter-of-factly.

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused.

"I was watching you two play in the rain, and from my point-of-view, you two looked like you were going to kiss," she explained with a giggle. I felt my face grew hotter at that. "I'm even starting to think that you're in love with her," she added.

In love, huh.

"But she seems to be so in love with someone right now." I swished leftover room temperature tea on my cup, suddenly not interested in finishing it.

"She is. And she was crying under the rain because of that."

So she really was crying.

"Why?" I asked.

Maria shrugged, then answered, " She still thinks that it's already too late. But..." she paused.

"But?"

"How would she know if she doesn't even want to at least try telling the person, right?" She looked at me with a glint in her eyes. It's suspicious, and I'm trying my hardest not to read her mind. I promised Y/n, after all. But she's right. How would Y/n know if she won't even tell the woman? But...

"I think she's scared. She might be scared of the losing the current relationship they have. The same goes for you. You're scared of losing your friendship with Y/n, right?"

She's right. Again. I just nodded. Then I heard Maria giggle beside me.

"What?" I asked.

"You didn't deny that you're in love with Y/n. Gotcha, Maximoff." She continued giggling. Well I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

"Your interrogation technique is impeccable, Agent Hill," I said, making her laugh. She shook her head and held my hand nearest to her. "If I were you, I'll tell her before it's too late." She squeezed my hand before standing. "Well, I'm going to bed now. Good night, Maximoff." I didn't reply, and just stared at the space once occupied by Maria.

Present Day

"Good morning," Maria greeted. I sat on the seat I usually take whenever Fury's around and watched Maria as she made breakfast. I was supposed to be the one cooking but I woke up later than usual so she took the reigns.

"How's your sleep, Maximoff?" Fury asked, which surprised me since he never talkes to me. "I-it's good," I answered nervously.