Chapter 18

WANDA

Through the days, weeks months, I grew a lot more impatient. The more the days passed, the more my urge to go back to Earth grew.

I think I might be scaring Maria and Fury with my outbursts but I can't seem to control it. Especially now that the person who can manage to keep me under control is lying in a hospital bed. She looks so helpless and I hate that. I also hate myself for being unable to do anything to help her. It's just so frustrating.

I miss her, a lot. I miss the way she teases me. I miss her annoying the hell out of me. I miss her cooking something for me. I just miss her.

I felt my tears roll down my cheeks and I don't know when the waterfall of emotions will stop. I was still crying when Maria arrived with a bowl of soup. I'm not really in the mood to eat right now but Maria insisted that I eat up. So I did, only finishing half of it.

After she left, I held Y/n's hand tightly to let her.lw that I won't leave her side. I'm still blaming myself for what happened to her. Hayward's after me, and he knew that I'm with Y/n. I know he did everything you get me and Y/n was... he knew I would show up if they get Y/n.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. It's my fault that you are in this condition. I-I won't forgive myself."

"You know, you should really stop blaming youself, Maximoff." Carol. "She won't like it if you kept on blaming yourself."

I scoffed. "What do you know, Danvers?" I asked, sharper than I intended.

"As you may know," she paused and sat on the chair opposite mine. "Y/n and I kept in touch. She told me a lot of things." I raised an eyebrow, not knowing where this is going. "She really loves you, Maximoff. I can't believe you couldn't see that," she added, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Do you like her? I mean, in a romantic way?" I asked.

"No," she replied. That caught my attention. "What? But you told me that when you come back and I haven't made a move yet, you'd ask her out instead." She laughed.

"That was a joke, Wanda. I was just trying to make you admit your feelings to her because trust me, you're too obvious. I honestly thought you guys are dating."

That left me thinking. I was that obvious? But Y/n didn't seem to notice. Was she also oblivious of everything? Or she just chose to disregard it? I don't know anymore. She must have noticed my confusion and laughed at me again. Shaking her head, she stood up and squeezed my shoulder. "You're in deep shit, Maximoff, " she said before leaving me alone in the same room as the person I'm apparently "in deep shit" with.

More and more days passed and Y/n's still hound on. They continued conducting tests to see how her cells are holding and the news today surprised everyone.

Her cells are mutating. That's what the scientists said. There's also a possibility that she'll survive after all.

All of us seemed to relax after the news arrived. Tears of joy fell from both Maria and I. Everything's finally going our way. Y/n won't die, that's for sure.

NARRATOR

Five days passed and they were still waiting for Y/n to wake up. This time however, they were a lot more relaxed by the fact that Y/n's finally out of harm's way.

It was in the middle of the night and it was Carol's turn to watch after Y/n. Maria stayed for a while longer too, having nothing else to do and considering the fact that she wasn't sleepy just yet.

The two women kept themselves distracted by talking with each other, too distracted in fact for them not to notice the slight movement made by Y/n. "Maria," she croaked. Her voice was still hoarse from not being able to use it for months. "Maria," she called out again, this time louder.