CHAPTER 10

NARRATOR

Fury came the next day with Y/N's money.

"Fury."

"Hill."

They hugged each other for a short moment. Maria saw the duffel bags that Nick brought, giving him a questioning look.

"y/N's money. Danvers said she threw a tantrum on the way here just because she forgot to bring her money."

Maria giggled at what Nick said.

"You're just in time for breakfast. Would you like to join us?"

"Of course."

Hill made her way back to the kitchen to finish cooking their meal. She made a common American breakfast which consists of pancakes, bacons, and eggs.

After setting everything on the table, she called the other three for breakfast. They all came while chattering. Y/N's eyes widened after seeing Nick. She then ran to hug the man.

"How have you been, kid?"

"Been good. Did bad things too."
Y/N released a sigh as she knows that she's not planning to stop her assassination missions anytime soon.

"It's alright, just don't get caught."

WANDA

"I'm leaving today."

Good.

"Already?" Y/N said.

What?

"Why? You'll miss me, kid?"

Carol gave out a smirk which caused Y/N to blush.

I'm currently sitting beside Danvers, and she's opposite Y/N, while Fury's on the head and Maria's opposite him. I should've sat beside Y/N.

"I thought I would want to know you more," Y/N mumbled, stabbing her pancakes with her fork.

I noticed Maria glancing at me while watching Y/N and Danvers talk. I think she knows something that I don't.

"I'll give you a communication device. It's a special one, the same as Nick's. Through that, we could be able to talk despite me being worlds, or even galaxies away."

I saw Y/N beamed a smile at the blonde.

I sighed without realizing it which earned a look from everyone. Great. Just great.

"You okay, bud?"

I looked at Y/N and nodded. She continued talking with Fury and Danvers and I'm too lazy, or irritated to even listen.

This sucks. Really sucks.

NARRATOR

After eating breakfast, Carol went to take a bath and put on her suit. The other four went outside to wave their goodbyes.

"Take care. Bye! Hope to see you again soon!" Y/N shouted before Carol took off.

"I really wanted to know her more," Y/N mumbled.