Nothing feels real

The song ended and everything went quiet. That was until Henry heard a soft crying sound coming from outside the bedroom door. He got up, eyes still red and with tear stained cheeks, to go see where the sound was coming from. He opened the door and saw Ray sitting on the hallway floor with his head in his hands. 

 Henry sat down next to him and put an arm around his back. He rested his forehead against Ray's shoulder and closed his eyes as both of them cried quietly. Neither of them made an effort to speak to the other, being there was enough.

Ray was glad Henry was with him now. He was used to Henry needing him, but it was nice for them to both equally need each other this time. Ray knew he could show how he really feels in front of Henry and he wouldn't judge him. 

They stayed like that for a while until eventually both had calmed down. Henry reached eith his other arm so he could give Ray a long hug. 

"Are you okay?" Henry asked empathetically. Ray could feel the vibrations from his voice in his shoulder. 

"I will be." Ray answered, accidentally giving an answer that wasn't too vulnerable. He wasn't sure if being too honest with Henry about when he was upset would be for the better or worse. What if it made Henry feel worse? He was giving more than usual though, so it was a start.  

"What about you, kid?" Ray asked softly, not moving from Henry's arms. 

"Nothing feels real anymore." Henry said. 

"I know what you mean." Ray agreed. Everything felt like a movie. A horror movie. Was there really this much sadness in their lives? Neither of them wanted the other to feel this way. All they could do was try to make the other happier, but here they were, crying in each other's arms. Henry made a pact to himself. He WOULD try to be there for Ray more. It had never occured to him before that Ray had felt exaclty the same way as him, but thinking back, it made sense. Neither of them got the childhood they deserved. Now was the time to make up for it. 

That was the end of their conversation. Neither had the energy to keep talking. They just sat there in silence until eventually They both fell asleep, leaning on each other. Jasper and Charlotte came by to hang out, but when they saw the two sleeping, they just left a note on the table and left, smiling a little at how peaceful they looked.  

"Came to say hey, but you guys are cute when you're asleep, so we left instead of waking u up lol  See you another time? Love u <3 -Char & Jasp"