NINE

NINE

"THAT KEYCARD OPENS THE DOOR, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." Dustin Henderson paced back and forth beside the window of the break room at Scoops Ahoy!

Steve, Robin and Dylan sat at the small table. Steve's leg propped up on Dylan as he spun his work hat in his hands. Robin held the ice cream scooper, while Dylan sat back in her chair playing with the rings littered on her fingers.

Robin shook her head, "But there's gotta be a way in."

Blowing his hat before dropping it, Steve gave his opinion. "Well, you know..." He then moved his leg off of Dylan before leaning closer to the twos girls. "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?"

"The Russian guard." Steve deadpanned.

"Steve don't get too ahead of yourself here." Dylan chimed, Robin laughing with her.

Steve shrugged his shoulders,"What? I sneak up behind him, i knock him out, and i take his keycard. It's easy."

The three older teens leaned back in their chairs as Steve stopped talking. Dustin raised his brow, staring at Steve with his arms crossed. "Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?"

"Yes, Dustin, i did. That's why i would be sneaking."

Dylan faced the ceiling, running a hand over her face "Dear god, Steve. You're gonna get hurt so it's an automatic no from me."

Dustin gestures towards the girl, "Exactly. Tell me this and be honest have you ever actually... won a fight?"

"I'm sorry to say it but he's got a point, Steve." Dylan agreed.

"Okay that was one time." Steve rolled his eyes.

Dustin held his fingers out, a two holding up. "Twice, Jonathan. Year prior?" Steve glanced at the boy, a weak smile on his face. "Listen that doesn't count."

"Why wouldn't it count? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you. You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood." Dustin continued to rest his case.

Robin looked over towards Dylan, catching onto her gaze. "That just might work."

The girl then ran out of the break room, towards the tip jar and grabbed a handful of cash. Making her way out of the employee area and into the main part of the store. Dylan, Steve and Dustin ran out of the room watching her. "What are you doing?"

"I need cash."

Steve raised his hands, "Well half of that's mine. Where are you going?"

Robin smirked, "To find us a way into that room. A safe way. And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. Dylan's here, she can handle you two. i'll be back in a jiff."

"I love her." Dylan admired the girl that ran out of the mall. Steve gave her a slanted stare, not believing her words. "What without her we'd be toast right now. Just saying."