Chapter 9

"I am unsure, as she simply sent me a text expressing her gratitude. She did not disclose any adversaries to me. Louelita is a remarkably kind child, nurtured by both myself and my colleagues."

Ezra switched off the television that had been capturing his attention. Omar instructed him to observe the news. The figure that stood before them was indeed a nun. The nun was questioned following her report of the woman's absence from his bed.

To his city mansion, where he lives, Ezra brought the woman along. With the newfound knowledge that the woman had been reported missing, Ezra's mind was focused on one thing and one thing only.

The woman's life was threatened by an unknown assailant, and now Erza must uncover the identity of the culprit. However, he faces a challenge as his trusted right-hand man is reluctant to assist him in this perilous pursuit.

"Her name is Khione Louelita Silay, a young woman of twenty years, boss. According to the information we have, she was employed by the government as a counterintelligence agent. Her childhood was spent in an orphanage," Omar explained that the DSWD had brought her there due to the parents being compelled to relinquish their rights as a result of their mistreatment of their own daughter.

Ezra found her fascinating, particularly because she had been asleep for almost two weeks. Ezra finds himself unable to resist the urge to delve deeper into the life of the woman he holds dear, despite her current state of unconsciousness.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to consider turning her over to the authorities. All those she was acquainted with were in search of her, and –Do not proceed with that action!" Ezra interjects, interrupting Omar's words. Ezra's gaze was fixed on his right-hand man, filled with intensity.

"However, Boss, her life is in danger on our side. She will probably be—I said not to do that! Are you paying attention to what I'm saying, you disrespectful person?" Ezra raised his voice. Omar's words have sparked a fiery rage in the man, who was previously calm.

The men of Ezra made a strategic decision to retreat. The atmosphere grew even more hushed, as if sensing Ezra's anger. Omar possesses the knowledge of provoking Ezra's anger, causing him to experience intense physical discomfort that he may find difficult to endure in this particular situation.

"Do you perhaps lack the comprehension to grasp the essence of my words? She shall stay in this abode alongside me, and no soul shall possess the power to alter such a fate!" Ezra raised his voice, ensuring that his words reached the ears of everyone present.

Omar's complexion paled, and he instinctively straightened his posture as Ezra appeared to be issuing him instructions. "Understood, sir." Omar attentively responded to Ezra.

Infuriated, Ezra got up from his chair and took the envelope from Omar's extended hand. Rather than taking a seat, the man chose to stand and directly confront Omar.

"Call some stylists and tell them to buy half of my wardrobe clothes for Louelita," said Omar. The assistant on the right side was surprised and confused by his boss's actions.

Omar remained frozen in place while Ezra proceeded to open the envelope. Engrossed in his book, he stole a quick glance at Omar.

"What are you doing still here?" Ezra's words were delivered with a chilling tone, causing Omar to swallow nervously. "I am sorry, boss. I'm leaving," the right-hand man said, and Ezra scoffed. Omar uttered those words, yet his feet remained still. The boss's eyebrow arched, and a frown appeared on his face as he looked at him.

"Omar Deus Wert! Will you truly depart, or will you depart? If you don't, a bullet from my revolver will make you leave," Ezra warned again. Once again, Omar found himself swallowing hard, as if he had done so countless times before.