Chapter 20

"Is it really okay for me to go out?" During the trip, Louelita repeatedly posed this question to Ezra. The man has responded to it on multiple occasions. He understood that Louelita's concerns were unfounded, as there was no reason for her to worry.

"Your disguise, Vita Mia, is truly outstanding." Ezra once again assured, "Rest assured, nobody will be able to recognize you."

Louelita adorns herself with a stylish short wig. In addition, she adorns her eyes with contact lenses and enhances her lashes with false eyelashes. Ezra made sure to hire a professional make-up artist and fashion designer for Louelita. He didn't worry about those individuals, as they were part of the Mafia as well.

Every time they venture outside, this occurrence will repeat itself until the individuals responsible for wanting to harm Louelita are dealt with.

"I'm nervous at the mall. The last place I went before I was killed was a crowded place," Louelita recalled.

Ezra brought the car to a halt, causing the vehicle behind it to also come to a stop. In accordance with Ezra's desires, the next vehicle accommodated the Alessio brothers, who dutifully served as Louelita's protectors.

Ezra gazed upon the woman before him, gently grasping her hands and tenderly pressing his lips against them. "As long as you stay with me, nothing bad will happen to you," the man assured Louelita.

Louelita remains unaware of Ezra's true identity, yet she places her unwavering trust in him, regardless of his nature or character. The woman expressed her agreement by nodding. "All right," she replied, her voice sweet. Ezra's face lit up with a wide smile as he gently caressed Louelita's hands.

Without releasing his grip, he proceeded to restart the car. "We'll stop at my office first before going to the mall to get you some stuff," Ezra explained to the woman. The man has an essential document to sign, and it should not be opened any longer.

"I'm fine with it." Louelita reassured her, "There's no need to worry."

Ezra finds solace in the fact that Louelita is a thoughtful and considerate individual. No other woman has crossed his path, capable of increasing his heartbeat with the mere sound of her soothing voice.

Louelita couldn't help but gaze out the window for the entire duration of the ride. Months had passed since she last laid eyes on the outside world. How many months had she been at Ezra's estate?

She feels a sense of relief upon realizing that everything remains unchanged, with the exception of the government officials who are now pursuing her. The man observed that Louelita seemed intrigued by whatever had captured her attention.

He chose to drive at a leisurely pace, giving the woman ample opportunity to take in the scenery outside the car. He understands that from this day forward, Louelita will no longer venture out on her own without his company.

He relished the woman's presence at his grand estate. He desires for her to experience all that she desires. In due time, she will indeed take action, and Ezra will be there to lend a helping hand with whatever she needs.

"We have arrived, Vita Mia. Please remain by my side and refrain from speaking," Ezra instructed the woman.

Unbeknownst to the woman, they had already arrived at the underground parking lot. Ezra possessed the building, yet he lacked the arrogance to boast about it to Irene.

"Vita Mia, we're heading inside. I'll warn you ahead of time. There are a lot of people inside, but I assure you. They're not going to touch a single strand of your hair," Ezra assured Louelita.

No matter how many times Ezra double-checked the words being spoken, Louelita still carries a lingering sense of vulnerability, a feeling that she remains exposed to the watchful gaze of others. Nodding to Ezra, she was promptly assisted out of the car upon her exit.