Chapter 16

Louelita gently pressed her teeth against her lower lip. Her face flushes with embarrassment as they persistently inquire about her desires. Without a care, she casually dismissed them, even though they remained in place, patiently anticipating her command.

She couldn't comprehend the reason behind the maids' and Ezra's men's treatment towards her, as if she were a fragile glass that required gentle handling.

All she desired was a secure haven to recuperate and find solace, yet Ezra was providing her with an abundance of additional blessings. She received treatment akin to that of a queen. The maids, including those assigned to her protection, seemed like devoted servants, ready to fulfill her every desire in order to bring her joy.

Louelita discovered herself in a chair outside with maids surrounding her, all of whom were intently focusing in different directions. Their intention was to alleviate any potential discomfort she might have been experiencing, although she was already feeling quite awkward.

It is likely that Ezra was the one who placed the order for this. Ezra lifted her gently, allowing her to experience the invigorating sensation of fresh air before he left.

Despite her disapproval of the man's actions, their relationship continues unabated, much like when they initially crossed paths. The man gently lifted her, carrying her back to the room where she had been resting before.

Despite feeling ashamed, she allowed the man to go even further, exacerbating the pain coursing through her entire body on that fateful day.

Louelita's fist tightened as the memory of Ezra's scent flooded her mind. In that moment, her entire being responded, causing her to exercise even greater restraint. It's important to note that he is not a cruel individual.

'Louelita, do not allow those thoughts to torment your mind. You are not an unpleasant person! Do not subject the individual who has kindly welcomed you into his abode to such treatment!' She whispered these words to herself.

The woman avoided making eye contact with those who were observing her. Ezra's men approached her, and she acknowledged them with a nod.

The man expressed his desire to accompany her before he left, but she kindly refused, considering his hectic schedule and not wanting to cause any inconvenience. The woman was aware of the man's desire to engage in an argument, yet he chose to let her be, understanding her need for solitude to contemplate.

She let out yet another sigh, as if it were the hundredth time. She finds herself in a state of boredom, with no activities to occupy her time.

Louelita, being a considerate individual, was mindful not to disrupt the individuals present, as she was merely a guest receiving assistance from their employer. She has no desire to place an additional order, and it is not her responsibility to cover the cost.

As she found herself in this situation, one thought occupied her mind: the desire to remain within the confines of her home. Louelita had experienced death once, and from that harrowing encounter, she gained a profound realization: she now preferred the safety and comfort of her own home over the risk of being abducted, and she met with a tragic fate once more.

The woman preferred boredom to enduring the excruciating agony the locusts caused as they burrowed into various parts of her body.

Fortunate is she, for she possesses a guardian angel in the form of Ezra. Without him, she might have perished in the danger of going missing at sea and becoming a shark meal.

Regardless of the fact that Ezra has a high number of employees, she is perplexed as to why all of the men are armed. She has no desire to ask, particularly considering that it is not her business, as she is merely an outsider.