Chapter 18

As Louelita awakens from her slumber, she notices a weight on her chest. Her eyes fluttered open. He noticed the magnificent chandelier hanging in the room.

The woman had never seen the man next to her. It seems that she is not yet used to the luxury that her eyes can see. She found herself immobilized; her attempts to move proved futile. She couldn't help but feel a sense of surprise as her gaze fell upon the individual resting beside her. She doesn't have the strength to rouse him from his slumber. As her lips parted, Ezra's eyes fluttered open.

Surprise filled both of them. However, Ezra's surprise heightened as he observed that his hand was gently resting upon the woman's chest, seemingly applying a slight pressure.

Without hesitation, Ezra swiftly withdrew his hand. The man rose from his seat and gently scratched his head, his eyes then shifting towards the clock.

The time was seven in the evening. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep next to you. The bed is comfortable with you," the man said meekly. Louelita's cheeks turned a rosy shade as she chose to keep her thoughts to herself. She, too, felt comfortable.

Louelita attempted to rise to her feet, only to be thwarted as a sharp pain coursed through her head, causing her to stumble and retreat back to her previous position. She gently massaged her forehead, which was adorned with a bandage, likely due to an incident that had occurred earlier.

"My doctor has treated your head and determined that you have a minor concussion. You, fortunately, do not have any injuries. In addition, the maid was dismissed from her position. There is no need for you to worry about it." As soon as Ezra laid eyes on the woman clutching her head, he promptly began to elucidate.

Ezra skillfully adjusted the woman's hair, causing Louelita's cheeks to blush even deeper. With every step he takes, a surge of exhilaration courses through my entire being. The woman pondered silently, unsure of how to navigate the perplexing actions of the man.

"It's not her fault," she softly replied, her voice small and gentle. "It is also my fault." Ezra expresses his discontent by shaking his head.

"No, it is entirely her responsibility. Regardless of the circumstances, the responsibility lies solely with her. Period." He declared emphatically that, "this house belongs to you, granting you the freedom to do as you please within its walls." She hesitated, her voice barely a whisper.

"But this isn't my house." Her lip trembled as she nervously nibbled on it.

"This is your house; this is your new home. I am taking the liberty of making the decision on your behalf, regardless of your personal preferences. I dislike it when you're preoccupied with how you're going to survive. My utmost concern lies in the fact that you are here, alive, by my side. I don't expect you to love me immediately, but I do expect you to remain by my side until the end of my days." Ezra spoke with sincerity as he uttered these words; his eyes locked onto Louelita's. His eyes remained locked on hers, unwavering and unyielding.

Ezra was completely unaware of the thoughts swirling in the woman's mind. She had begun to depend on Ezra, and she has no desire to alter that. Her reliance on him grew.

Ezra's concern grew as he witnessed the woman's tears. He had never witnessed a woman shed tears before, and it happened to be Louelita who was in distress. "Quiet now... Hey, hush..."

"I know what I said was wrong, but this is the right decision for me," Ezra soothed the woman, despite having no understanding why she was crying.

"I'm just happy; this is the first time anyone has told me that this is my home. You're probably already aware that I was raised in an orphanage. I don't have any friends; Sister Faith and you were the only people who accepted me. I am not shedding tears due to my dislike for this place; on the contrary, I quite enjoy it." She confessed, with great enthusiasm, that she truly, truly enjoyed it.