Chapter 12

As Khione Louelita slowly opened her eyes, her gaze was met with the sight of a magnificent chandelier, its brilliance slightly obscured by a hazy blur. She made another attempt to shut her eyes, only to find them stubbornly reopening.

As she gazed upon the picture, its clarity gradually increased, revealing more details to her observant eyes. She experienced the discomfort of a pounding headache and aching sensations throughout her entire body.

Struggling to rise, she made an attempt to stand, only to find herself tumbling back onto the plush mattress. Khione explored her own body, feeling the ache that encompassed her entire being.

The impact of everything that occurred in her life didn't immediately register with her. As she became aware of her body, the sensations that greeted her were pain and the presence of oxygen near her nose. Without delay, she promptly took measures to alleviate both.

A frown appeared on Khione's face as she recalled the events that had transpired. She gently massaged her head and forehead, casting her gaze around her surroundings.

The room was three times larger than her townhouse. The items and furnishings within were quite costly, and they were particularly unique and not commonly found in stores across the Philippines. Louelita came to the conclusion that each item was tailored specifically; however, this realization did not align with what the woman had come to understand.

With a sudden surge of understanding, her eyes grew wider. With a gulp, she attempted to rise to her feet, but the weight of her memories rendered her body feeble. Tragically, she passed away. She is aware of her own demise, yet paradoxically, she continues to exist! Louelita finds herself in a state of confusion, which causes her to nervously bite her lower lip.

'What happened to me?' She pondered the question in her own mind.

Khione Louelita found herself in a state of even greater confusion, unsure of her whereabouts. With a gulp, Louelita ingested and promptly detached the contraption fastened to her. What should come first is not what she thinks at this moment, but rather her own self. She might be facing a perilous situation, completely unaware of her whereabouts.

Despite the weakness and pain coursing through her body, she made a valiant effort to rise from the confines of her bed. Louelita, with a heart full of caution, is determined to shield herself from any further pain.

She remained in bed, unable to rise unaided, and eventually tumbled to the floor due to her diminished sensation in her legs. The woman can still feel the impact of a gunshot.

Gently, she reached out and made contact with her wounds, sensing a comforting sensation of healing.

The young woman found herself even more surprised, for she recalled the events of just yesterday, when an unfamiliar man fired a shot at her.

She perspired profusely as she recalled the resounding gunshot reverberating in her ears and the bullet piercing certain regions of her physique.

A multitude of thoughts flood her mind. She is unsure of what course of action to take. All she could think about was escaping from her current location and seeking refuge within the safety of her own home.

Lock the door and don't go out. Louelita caught sight of the door and promptly made her way outside.

Despite the sight of her leg encased in a cast, she proceeded without any hesitation. As she stepped inside, a seemingly endless hallway stretched out before her. She couldn't help but jump in surprise at the sound of another person's voice.

"Ma'am? Are you awake? I will contact the boss!" The person expressed that Louelita had been causing an increasing amount of nervousness for her.

In front of her stood two large males, catching her completely off guard. With a single strike, she knew she would drift back into slumber once more.