Chapter 13

"What are you doing? Do you want to be killed? Wow! I didn't save you; instead, other people are going to kill you! You are indebted to me for your life; therefore, it is imperative that you remain alive and by my side!" A loud yell escaped from the man, directed towards Louelita.

The sudden scream surprised the woman, catching her off guard. Louelita was taken aback, her body almost freezing in the man's embrace. The woman's attention was not drawn to his screams but rather to the man's handsome and gentle face, which was now marred by annoyance and anger.

"You! Get out of here quickly, or I'll kill you and pulverise your truck!" The man then directed his attention towards the truck driver, who was visibly trembling with fear. It wasn't just

Ezra's intimidating presence that had him on edge, but also the fact that his colleagues emerged from the estate compound armed with guns.

The speed of the truck increased even further, surpassing its earlier velocity. It accelerated so rapidly that one might think the driver had an urgent need to relieve himself. However, that is not the current concern. Instead, Louelita's attention is fixed on the man, specifically the contours of his face.

"We should continue this inside. I wanted to punish you for running away from me, but that's for another time." The man approached Louelita and expressed his attempt to persuade her to enter the mansion once more.

As soon as the woman became aware of the situation, she began to fight back. This man is the owner of the mansion! "Hey, stop! Stop it! I assure you, I will refrain from causing any harm to you!" Ezra let out a frustrated yell, causing the young woman to become even more frightened than she had been previously.

"I said, stop! You don't have to be afraid because I'm with you. No one will hurt you, and if they do, I will murder them first!" Ezra took it upon himself to soothe the woman's nerves.

He comprehends the thoughts of the woman, particularly due to her awakening in an unfamiliar setting. In a location abundant with individuals carrying weapons, Ezra, being a perceptive person, recognises the fear emanating from the man she is currently gripping.

She pleaded, her voice trembling with fear. "Please, I implore you! I don't want to suffer and die!" Her voice erupted into a yell.

The woman found herself in a struggle, her feet kicking desperately. Ezra, being mindful of their balance, held her feet back to prevent a potential fall for both of them.

"I assure you, I have no intentions of causing you any harm. So, please, settle down!" Once more, Ezra uttered those words, this time with the intention of soothing the distressed woman. Ezra could perceive the sound of her own heartbeat. He attempted to soothe her, yet she remained resolute in her belief that they would cause harm to her.

"No! You are saying this to confuse me! I have died before because of my carelessness! I can't do it again!" In a burst of emotion, she proceeded to express her concerns with loud, piercing screams.

"No! No! I don't want to die again! I cannot endure another bullet, only to meet my demise!" Erza found herself nearly overwhelmed by the piercing screams of the woman, yet she remained unable to cease her own fervent shouting. As he gazed upon the woman, he noticed the unmistakable presence of fear etched across her face.

Ezra's nerves were truly unforgivable when he discovered that the young woman had awakened and promptly departed from his room. Ezra wasted no time in delving into the reasons behind the woman's actions.

Unbeknownst to him, his heart would ache whenever she spoke of her impending demise. Ezra dislikes it. The woman couldn't stop talking about those things, and he didn't like it.