TWENTY-ONE

Briella sat comfortably next to Belly as she watched her friend open gifts. She first opened one from her mom which revealed to be a poems collection that consisted of a poem she made everyone memorize.

Susannah got her a pearl necklace that looked like it costed a fortune. But to the woman it was nothing.

Jeremiah got her a good luck charm to add on to her already existing bracelet.

Steven got his sister a Princeton sweatshirt claiming he didn't like it when he stole his.

"My turn." Briella smiled, handing the girl a cute small wrapped box.

Belly opened the box and her eyes widened. "No way."

"Yes way."

"What is it honey?" Laurel asked as everyone was curious.

"Tickets to go see Olivia Rodrigo."

"No way. Her show sold out in minutes. How did you get them?" Jeremiah asked.

Briella shrugged. "I have my ways."

"This is awesome Brie." Belly hugged her friend.

"There's more."

Belly was confused as she looked deeper in the box and her jaw dropped.

"Backstage passes! Brie I love you!"

Briella chuckled as she hugged her friend. "Anything for you Bels. Now you can belt out Traitor to her."

"I'm so jealous right now. Can I come?" Jeremiah said.

"Nope. Third ticket is for Taylor." Briella shook her head. 

Jeremiah pouted. "No fair."

"Conrad uh do you want to give Belly your present?" Susannah asked the boy.

"Sorry I forgot." Conrad said.

Conrad never forgets.

"Uh that's cool, um... I wasn't really expecting anything anyway so..." Belly said trying to play it off like it didn't upset her, but it did.

"Oh, so I got to go. Um I promised Cleveland that I'd show him some knots today so... Happy birthday Belly." And with that the boy left causing everyone to be confused.

This wasn't the same Conrad Briella grew up knowing. She found it hard to believe Conrad forgot it was Belly's birthday because the dude remembers everything.

"Hey. Why don't we take my car and practice driving before we have to pick up Taylor from the bus station." Jeremiah offered.

"Sure." Belly nodded and turned to the girl. "You coming?"

Briella shook her head. "I actually have to go meet up with someone."

Belly smirked. "Is it...?"

Briella nodded. "Yup." The girl looked at her phone to see she got a text message. "Well he's here. I'll be back in a few hours. Bye!"

The girl got a few byes as she walked out the door and to the car. After a very successful double date, the girl liked being around Emmett. It was different. A lot different than the other boys she talked to. It was nice.

"Hey." Briella smiled as she got into the car.

"Hey Brie. Ready?" Emmett said.

Briella nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be."

And with that the pair left to send a beautiful afternoon together. But they failed to notice a certain boy standing there watching as the only girl he ever loved leave with a boy that wasn't him. 

✄-----------------------------

so briella is played by olivia rodrigo and i'm having them go to an olivia rodrigo concert... yup makes sense to me