SEVENTY-EIGHT

mentions of cancer/death from cancer

Briella couldn't believe what she heard. When the girl first heard her mom had cancer, she cried, a lot. She knew there was a chance she would survive, but it was uncertain. And it got her angry. The world is dealing with a bunch of shit, and instead of focusing on how to cure cancer, they focus on other things.

So to hear Susannah, her second mom, someone she looked up to, has cancer, she cried. This was far worse than when she found out her mom had it.

Why?

Susannah was not going to do chemo.

Briella didn't know why she wasn't. I mean it is her decision at the end of the day. But didn't she want to get better? Didn't she want to live to see her sons, her friends get married, have kids? Why was she saying no?

"Little Brie?" The girl turned to see the woman herself walk out. Even if she just dropped the biggest bomb of the year, she still had a smile on her face.

"Hey Auntie Susan."

Susannah sat down next to the girl on one of the pool chairs. Eventually the girl stopped crying when her dad comfort her and he went to go get some Chinese takeout. The girl opted on sitting outside. "Don't cry."

Briella sniffed. Any minute now, more tears will come down. "I can't help it Auntie Susan. I already lost my mom, I can't lose you too."

"I know it's selfish of me to make the decision, but I want to leave naturally."

"But we need you. You can't leave us. Not now, not ever." Briella cried. Ok here come the tears.

"Oh Brie." Susannah said, pulling the girl into a hug. "I'm not leaving you just yet. I'll still have some time to do stuff with everyone."

That's what Briella's mom said to the girl but look at what happened. "Can you at least try? Please."

"I'll think about it." Susannah said, kissing the op of the girl's head. "I'm sorry little Brie."

"For what?" Briella asked.

"I was the reason why you and Connie broke up."

"No you weren't..."

"Yes I was." Susannah looked at the girl. "I shouldn't have asked him to ask Belly to be her escort. He was already going with you and I don't know. I always thought you and Jere would be a better match. You needed someone who can open your heart. You were such a closed off person so I didn't see why you and Connie would work. But I was wrong. Seeing you both tonight, dancing, just made me regret everything I did. I should have trusted him that he wanted you."

Briella sniffed. She wasn't expecting to have this conversation right now. She knew it wasn't Susannah's fault. She wasn't responsible for Belly's actions. "It's not your fault Auntie Susan. You didn't force Belly to do what she did."

"I know but I added the the flame. I'm just glad I was about to see you and Connie dance. It'll be as close as your guys' first dance as I can see." Briella's heart hurt when she heard the woman say that. Nothing was gonna change her mind about the treatment.

And Briella needed to accept that. So she'll do everything she can to spend as much time with the woman as she can. She wasn't gonna make the same mistake as she did with her mom.

"I love you mother-in-law Susan."

Susannah smiled when she heard the girl say it. In the beginning she thought that title would be because she would marry her youngest son. But the more she learned, the happier she was the girl would end up with Connie. They were perfect for each other. "I love you too my little Brie." 

✄-----------------------------

HOLY FUCKING CHRISTMAS NUTS!! EASIER IS OVER 308K READS???

WHAT!! YOU GUYS!! URG I love each and everyone of you so fucking much and I can't even describe how happy I am for all your love and support!!

Sooooo to express my gratitude, here are the rest of the chapters!! ENJOY!!