FORTY-FOUR

Let's just get this over with Conrad thought. He was dreading his talk with Belly. Yeah he did feel like he led the girl on, but he was just confused on who he wanted.

Briella Swift was a risk. A risk he was willing to take. She brought out a side of him he knew everyone missed. A side that left when he found out his mom had cancer. He thought maybe if he got together with Belly, it'll make him like the other girl less.

Nope he was wrong. Briella is who he wanted. So he needed to do what's best and end whatever hope he gave to Belly to make sure he didn't lose Briella. He wouldn't know what he would do if he lost her.

"Hey. You're back." Belly smiled at the boy who was cleaning up the mess Susannah made.

"Hey."

"Let me help you."

"How's you and your mom?" Conrad suddenly asked.

"Uh," Belly was thrown off with his question. Why did he ask her about her mom? "My mom, we uh we're good."

"Cool." Conrad said, taking the paint brushes from the girl and putting them away. "Thanks."

"I broke up with Cam." Belly suddenly said. Surprisingly enough, the boy thought he'll feel something, happy even, but he didn't. He simply didn't care.

"Why?"

"Last night, you and I almost kissed."

"Did we?" Conrad asked. He remembered. But he was trying to forget. He didn't want to face it. At least he told Briella. "I was pretty wasted so I don't really remember much."

"Wait? Are you serious?" Belly asked. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Ok we almost kissed. What? What do you want me to say, I'm sorry?" Conrad said. Gosh he sounded like a douche right now. 

"Are you sorry?"

Conrad nodded which broke her heart. "I didn't mean to uh give you false hope."

"What? False hope? You got me an infinity necklace."

"I did. For your birthday. I can still give it to you but I'm kinda with Brie now, so." Conrad said, scratching the back of his head.

"Wait you and Brie? Since when?" Belly asked. This was news to her. Did her best friend keep this from her?

"Recently. You know I like her."

"I thought it was when we were kids."

"It's not."

Belly scoffed. She couldn't believe this. She lost the one guy she liked to her best friend. She hated Briella. She hated how selfish she was. She had every guy falling for her but yet she had to choose Conrad who Belly has liked since they were kids. She never liked Jeremiah. "She'll only end up breaking your heart."

"Excuse me?" Conrad asked. What did she mean? 

"Did she tell you why she and Grant broke up?"

"No."

Belly chuckled. "Of course she didn't. She never owns up to her mistakes."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If you don't leave now, you'll end up heartbroken like him. Briella isn't someone you want to date." With that Belly left.

It's not like she was lying. That relationship ended on a bad note.

But was it Briella's fault?

100% no.

Did Conrad need to know that?

No.

He'll find out sooner or later, Belly was the better choice. She just needed to wait for that to happen. 

✄-----------------------------

belly.... you bitch

also i know belly is 10 times more mean, but it's solely for this book!!